friday, the streets are so alive right now I fuckıng love this town

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

well, actually, not this town, dizzee was talking about london and so am i

just back from the globalmegacorp bash, which ended annoyingly early, but much fun had with some the ladies of gmc

laters etc., i'll be back
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Thank Christ it Friday

Good(ish) workday planned followed by the pub :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    sungod wrote:
    but much fun had with some the ladies of gmc
    Were they freelance professionals?

My diary looks depressingly full from 8.30 until 4.00 The time will just fly by today. Luckily I'm not feeling too ropey this morning after last night's pub session.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning all, looking like I might be in for an early finish Today, if so it'll be straight home and walk the dog, then perhaps another short ride before seeing the physio tomorrow.

The girl is starting yoga tonight, asked if she would take my gopro with her just for scientific reasons of course, but she refused. Looks like I'll have to do it myself :twisted:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Emailing my apologies for a meeting this morning, really cba with 3 hours of repeated dross. Was handy I found out that the presenter didn't want to change his presentation prior to arriving.

Pub for lunch, beating TWL, first for everything. May or may not return as it is Friday.

Out for dinner in Scouse Town. Should remain an honest affair mind.

How selfish of her not to take your gopro, she could have filmed everything, anything and something
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Awritey folks

Waste of time course until lunchtime then a sneaky half day and out on the CX
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Very glad it's Friday, but then that's my normal Friday feeling. I too am going to the pub, should get there around 5 so won't beat Flan. Meeting the Mrs there for our occasional Friday evening drinks. A customer has called them and stuck some money behind the bar in my name. Very nice too.
    Does she strap them down for yoga Luke? Not that we are obsessed or anything. My Gran used to do yoga, I wouldn't want to see that filmed on a Gopro. :shock:
    Second cup of tea has been delivered. Onwards and upwards...
  • benws1
    benws1 Posts: 415
    Hello all.

Think I've overdone the return to cycling. :(

Legs are really sore today and I'm struggling to walk up stairs. Carried my daughter upstairs yesterday evening and I was out of breath. I've been eating less too as I'm trying to lose weight. Maybe the combination of less food and more intense turbo sessions have finally taken their toll. I walk to work and struggled to get to the first floor where my office is. Need to take it a bit more steady I think.

Due out on the bike tomorrow morning. First daytime ride for nearly a week. Will try to take it steady and enjoy it, rather than push myself.

Last working day of the week. Hope it doesn't drag. Hate my job at the moment.

In other news, new American president today. I see the luvvies are already out in force. :lol:
  • Flâneur
    Remember to fuel for the exercise and let the diet battle the daily life

Failing that move into a bungalow or get a stair lift. I asked the Dean for the latter recently she just shook her head and told me how silly sport is, then asked for the cricket score

Only time the yoga class was worth going to was at Uni, probably because I avoided V68's nan that way
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • benws1
    Flâneur wrote:
    Remember to fuel for the exercise and let the diet battle the daily life

Failing that move into a bungalow or get a stair lift. I asked the Dean for the latter recently she just shook her head and told me how silly sport is, then asked for the cricket score

Only time the yoga class was worth going to was at Uni, probably because I avoided V68's nan that way

I'm trying. :D

Was really hungry when I went to bed last night, but didn't crack. Bacon baguette on order for this morning though (Friday treat at the office). Yum. :P

Think I need more sleep. Was still up at gone midnight last night and alarm went off at 6:45 this morning.
  • LukeTC
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Does she strap them down for yoga Luke? Not that we are obsessed or anything. My Gran used to do yoga, I wouldn't want to see that filmed on a Gopro. :shock:
    She's purchased a rather costly sports bra (like £40 or something mad like that) so I'm going to assume they're going to be held firmly in place, then again, if I had bangers like that I wouldn't want them slapping me in the chin everytime I went into downward dog :lol:

Gopro would be firmly pointing at booty if that were the case :twisted:
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Knackered today, long week. Luckily the truck is in for it's billionth service, the garage close at 4 so I'll be away early. Unluckily the GF is ill, we STILL don't know if we are moving next Friday and I will probably be harangued into packing rather than cycling this weekend...
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    ...we STILL don't know if we are moving next Friday and I will probably be harangued into packing rather than cycling this weekend...
    If you want to move next Friday don't start packing. Never underestimate Sod's Law, if you start packing there will be a delay. If you are unprepared, everything will fall into place.
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    ...we STILL don't know if we are moving next Friday and I will probably be harangued into packing rather than cycling this weekend...
    If you want to move next Friday don't start packing. Never underestimate Sod's Law, if you start packing there will be a delay. If you are unprepared, everything will fall into place.

Personally I agree but that wont stop the GF from panicking. Her panicking will inevitably send me into 'extra relaxed' mode which will wind her up immensely, tis all fun and games! We should know today what the date will be, the sellers moved it forward to Friday before Christmas which we agreed to, I don't think they really can change the date now even if they wanted to despite their estate agent c0cking up the title plans and us only receiving them yesterday..
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Personally I agree but that wont stop the GF from panicking. Her panicking will inevitably send me into 'extra relaxed' mode which will wind her up immensely, tis all fun and games.
    The old "I'll see your stressed out mad woman and raise you a super mellow relaxed dude."

A man after my own heart. I play this game on a weekly basis. 8)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    The old "I'll see your stressed out mad woman and raise you a super mellow relaxed dude."

A man after my own heart. I play this game on a weekly basis. 8)
    Don't we all? :mrgreen:
  • benws1
    Bacon baguette devoured. Still quite hungry. Legs feel knackered.

These turbo sessions really hit you hard, don't they.

All good though because as long as I'm hungry, I know my body is using everything I eat. :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Squeaky bum day 5: Waiting for bank transfer. Must do some tidying and take some pics of a baler for a pictorial service plan for a polish guy.

Yoga class + gopro. What a thought. Certainly woke me up a bit but hopes were dashed pretty quickly. Use you persuasive powers Luke or else attend yourself/give me the venue and start time.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'm for once glad to be in the office at my desk. I've just had a call from a colleague who was trying to get from Cambridge to Kent, but has just given up. The M25 is closed in both directions because of a vehicle fire close to the M11 junction and the chaos is radiating out in all directions. He's just trying to turn round and get back here but is gridlocked somewhere near Stansted. At least I can amble about, making tea and surfing the web. And if I get bored of that there's always work I suppose...

I noticed the post room is filling up nicely with Madison Genesis water bottles...
  • Out on site this morning so just stopped at a supermarket for a salad :(

Door hanging and a hair cut awaits when I get home
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • LukeTC
    Pinno wrote:
    Squeaky bum day 5: Waiting for bank transfer. Must do some tidying and take some pics of a baler for a pictorial service plan for a polish guy.

Yoga class + gopro. What a thought. Certainly woke me up a bit but hopes were dashed pretty quickly. Use you persuasive powers Luke or else attend yourself/give me the venue and start time.

Laters.
    You'll be even more disappointed to hear I've just found out it's hot yoga, which means it's flexible birds all hot and sweaty if that sort of thing gets you going :lol:

OT if anyone has a long beige rainjacket I can borrow, hook me up with a PM :wink:
  • Flâneur
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning,

Knackered today, long week. Luckily the truck is in for it's billionth service, the garage close at 4 so I'll be away early. Unluckily the GF is ill, we STILL don't know if we are moving next Friday and I will probably be harangued into packing rather than cycling this weekend...

Shall we just go Mtbing in Wales (lack of phone reception) and leave the house shit behind for a week or so
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • benws1
    LukeTC wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.
    You'll be even more disappointed to hear I've just found out it's hot yoga, which means it's flexible birds all hot and sweaty if that sort of thing gets you going :lol:

OT if anyone has a long beige rainjacket I can borrow, hook me up with a PM :wink:

If it's like a lot of the women at my fiancée's gym, it'll be lots of sweaty rolls of flab, mile-long bum cracks and hairy chins. I wouldn't bother, personally.

I seem to have offended some people in Cake Stop. Whoops. :)
  • LukeTC
    whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...how the hell do you know what my gf looks like?

:lol:
  • haydenm
    Flâneur wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning,

Shall we just go Mtbing in Wales (lack of phone reception) and leave the house shoot behind for a week or so

Keen for that, the riding may be better up here but there seems to be annoyingly persistent phone signal at my favourite bits
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning,

Shall we just go Mtbing in Wales (lack of phone reception) and leave the house shoot behind for a week or so

Keen for that, the riding may be better up here but there seems to be annoyingly persistent phone signal at my favourite bits
    Not forgetting Stevo is going to Wales next week. Best stay in Sweatland.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    benws1 wrote:
    LukeTC wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Squeaky...Laters.

Well done, though it's easy to upset people in CS.

If you want to start a riot, here's a few tips:
    In Road General, start a debate about:
    Helmets.
    Going to the gym.
    Crank arm length.
    In Pro Race:
    Just post something.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    benws1 wrote:
    LukeTC wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Squeaky...Laters.

Helmets.
    Going to the gym.
    Crank arm length.
    In Pro Race:
    Just post something.
    It amazes me that people get offended on here. I view it as being like having a chat in the pub, lighthearted on the whole with the occasional serious bit. Every now and then someone has to be called out for spouting BS. Why would anyone get offended? Even if someone says something nasty, it's only some saddo on the internet, who gives a sh!t what they think?
  • haydenm
    Woooo woooo! The sellers of our house have moved the sale date back to it's original date of the 10th of Feb (despite them moving it forward to the 27th of Jan just before Christmas), a right pain in the neck for us now as we are hiring a van ourselves and now have no cross over between this place and the new one. Would be more of a pain in the neck for them if somehow we have refused though as they've just bought somewhere with a move in date of the 10th so them and their three kids would be homeless for two weeks...

Just seems a bit odd that they were pressuring us to move sooner when they knew our mortgage wasn't approved then when their estate agent c0cks up they use it as an excise to dovetail their new move. I shouldn't have to think about houses and mortgages at 25, surely it's for adults right?!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    benws1 wrote:
    LukeTC wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Squeaky...Laters.

Helmets.
    Going to the gym.
    Crank arm length.
    In Pro Race:
    Just post something.
    It amazes me that people get offended on here. I view it as being like having a chat in the pub, lighthearted on the whole with the occasional serious bit. Every now and then someone has to be called out for spouting BS. Why would anyone get offended? Even if someone says something nasty, it's only some saddo on the internet, who gives a sh!t what they think?
    Exactly. For example, my last pm from V68 was to inform me that my inbox was in fact working and the reason I hadn't had a pm for a while was because no one liked me.

I wasn't offended at all...... :cry:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Flâneur wrote:
    That's exactly what I'm up to next Friday 8)

Busy day now ever. Managed to fit in a free steak lunch with a recruiter trying to go interview with some outfit in The City. Feeling lazy now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]