Please help me identify these forks

Notable hobbit
Notable hobbit Posts: 28
edited January 2017 in MTB buying advice
http://m.imgur.com/l4ZnNKD
http://m.imgur.com/aAmmSdb

I'm looking to buy new (second hand) forks and was wondering if anyone knows what exact model these are (been lots of raidon x1s). The guy selling them knows very little about them but is offering good deal. I was wondering if they were air or spring and what the travel is.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Unless they are free, walk away. Can't zoom in but looks like the stanchions are trashed, and the metal of the brake mount looks badly worn.

Or he just can't be bothered to clean them, also not a good sign.

He could just check if the cap comes off the left leg and see if there's a valve.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Don't walk away, run!

As CD says the stanchions are either dirty or greasy (not good signs) or trashed (really bad sign), hard to tell at that angle but it looks like it is an air cap on the left leg.

Note the disc damage on the lower, damaged remote take off cap on the damper and rusty on both the remote cable adjuster and the front brake hose retaining clip bolt.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks guys, I definitely won't buy them now, would you think a set of these rockshox reba is a good deal for £25, does anyone know what year's model these are.
    http://m.imgur.com/a9SMBEa,5pFl8Df
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Those aren't Reba's. They've got steel stanchions so probably Tora's and very old ones at that.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Is that the only pic of the fork? Definitely not a Reba - might not even be a RockShox.
  • I guess I won't buy them either... Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy second hand forks?
  • I guess I won't buy them either... Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy second hand forks?
  • rockmonkeysc
    You won't get anything worthwhile for £25
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Decent 'enough' forks are going to cost you at least £50 used. As above those aren't Reba and I also don't think they are even RockShox (sticker kits are cheap on eBay), the remote cable housing looks like it's off a Suntour XCR.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Definitely not Rockshox. Suntour XCR looks right.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Can often pick a Tora 318 off ebay for 50 quid or less. Decent fork if hasn't been battered.