wednesday in another dimension

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

blah blah blah, raining, blah blah blah, beer, cocktail, wine, port, blah blah blah

laters
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Easy day today, Wednesdays usually are though, everyone gets some slack because it's all downhill to the weekend from here.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh early start, now some time out at the dentist, then back to work meh
  • Helping do VAT stuff today, boring. Might nip out on Zwift if I get chance.
    Got to dig the skiing stuff out of the loft and other menial tasks.
    Have fun!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Had a dreadful night's kip for some reason, got up and it was -2 outside so I wimped out and decided to drive in this morning. Got out and couldn't open the driver's door as it was frozen. Got in the passenger door and then the poxy thing wouldn't start as the battery was dead. No problem, I've got a jump pack. Jump pack was also dead. Changed my jacket and jumped on the pub hack and rode in so not too late. Setting off 10 minutes later meant the sun was nearly up so I could see at least, cold but very pretty riding through the park. Glad I rode in now. The only thing is that as I didn't record it did the ride actually happen? Better order a battery now I guess. Second cup of tea has just been delivered.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    Morning all,

Just been out for an hour, ride out was easy but a bit cold. Return was like riding through treacle, thought it must be a headwind (even though it did not feel like it). Got back home to find the rear mudguard had moved and was rubbing the back tyre. Spinning the rear wheel and it only did half a revolution before stopping. Amazing how a thin bit of plastic can have such a profound effect.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • benws1
    benws1 Posts: 415
    bbrap wrote:
    Morning all,

Just been out for an hour, ride out was easy but a bit cold. Return was like riding through treacle, thought it must be a headwind (even though it did not feel like it). Got back home to find the rear mudguard had moved and was rubbing the back tyre. Spinning the rear wheel and it only did half a revolution before stopping. Amazing how a thin bit of plastic can have such a profound effect.

Dug my bike out the weekend of new year. Did 20 miles on it on the Saturday and it felt like I was constantly riding into a dreadful headwind. It was windy and I hadn't ridden for 3 months, so put it down to that.

Went out on it again on the Sunday morning (new year's day) and it wasn't windy, but it still felt like I was riding into a headwind. Got home, span the back wheel, it turned a few times and ground to a halt. Realised the rear hub was shot, hence my other thread about trying to setup a new hub. :)

Back on topic, another day at work for me where I don't know what I'm doing. Have been told I have a project starting next week, but nothing on the new system at the moment. Really odd as I'm literally sat in work posting on here. :shock:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, not much occurring today. Managers AWOL again off doing something, New PSU slapped in the mothers PC last night an some serious dust removal so shes happy again.
    Not much else to do today bar annoy customers
    oxoman wrote:
    Major headache to much caffeine I'm told, arghh I'm a coffee lover. Try some decaff I suppose. Kids and wife out, me bike fettling.

I had to do the same but went into Costa at the weekend, got a large cappuccino with a shot of espresso felt jittery and a funny stomach for most of the day afterwards :lol:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Had a dreadful night's kip for some reason, got up and it was -2 outside so I wimped out and decided to drive in this morning. Got out and couldn't open the driver's door as it was frozen. Got in the passenger door and then the poxy thing wouldn't start as the battery was dead. No problem, I've got a jump pack. Jump pack was also dead. Changed my jacket and jumped on the pub hack and rode in so not too late. Setting off 10 minutes later meant the sun was nearly up so I could see at least, cold but very pretty riding through the park. Glad I rode in now. The only thing is that as I didn't record it did the ride actually happen? Better order a battery now I guess. Second cup of tea has just been delivered.
    Onwards and upwards...

Little tip, get some WD-40 spray it on the door rubbers an any bits where the door an car body contact it'll stop the doors freezing shut
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Little tip, get some WD-40 spray it on the door rubbers an any bits where the door an car body contact it'll stop the doors freezing shut
    Oh, I know what to do. It's just remembering to do it at an opportune moment that's the issue. Every time I drive towards a low sun I think I really should clean the inside of the windscreen, that's been a few weeks.
    Silicone spray works best on door seals.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Yeah mines like that keep thinking its filthy, never clean it. Yeah silicones better but I tidied the garage now I cant find the dam stuff so used that in lieu.
  • veronese68
    If only we could remember to do stuff at a convenient time and not after we needed it done by.
    The silicone spray is either on the shelf at the back of the garage on the right hand side or the shelf under the window. At least that's where mine is (should be).
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Oh, I know what to do. It's just remembering to do it at an opportune moment that's the issue. Every time I drive towards a low sun I think I really should clean the inside of the windscreen, that's been a few weeks.
    Silicone spray works best on door seals.
    Just take the advice with good grace. Lazy git.

I am currently sporting my first proper beard. Two months in and I'm not sure if I've already gone past the stage where the beard is at its best or if the peak is yet to come. A beard certainly brings out the cavewoman in some ladies :D Although I've just had the first negative comment, "hate" is a strong word.

Brass monkeys ride in but a beautiful day now.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

off to brekkie then summon my resolve for a day of inflicting knowledge and understanding on globalmegacorp minions/minionettes

man i'm tired
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Just take the advice with good grace. Lazy git.
    I did, I was emphasising how true your second point is. :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

off to brekkie then summon my resolve for a day of inflicting knowledge and understanding on globalmegacorp minions/minionettes

man i'm tired
    Technically starting the daily thread before you've gone to bed is cheating, but we'll let you off this time.

Nearly lost my ears and a couple of fingers in this morning, it felt a bit cold riding in until I got over the hill and into the Thames basin when it seemed to warm up by 5 degrees. Todays exotic location for work related tax fiddling are Poland, Turkey, Colombia and Uruguay. It's all money I suppose :) Hope it warms up a bit for the ride back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    bbrap wrote:
    Morning all,

I had an SKS rear crudcatcher come off the clip and jam into the back wheel whilst descending. The wheel locked up but I stayed on, thankfully. Pop riveted all the plastic clips on it back together. Pics if you want them.

Squeaky bum day 3. All is good so far. New axle installed and welded. Baler is working (should I have said that?). Money is pending but looking good.
    Been roped in to a joinery job for my mechanic which should assist in van fix and car MOT requirements.

Now to cook some Chilli Con Carne and then bugger off to PPP for a couple of hours and play with wooden stuff.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Another Wednesday, another needle in the eyeball, and this one bleepin' hurts. One more to go, looking forward to not having these :wink:
  • veronese68
    orraloon wrote:
    Another Wednesday, another needle in the eyeball, and this one bleepin' hurts. One more to go, looking forward to not having these :wink:
    And today's stating the obvious award goes to Orraloon.
    I'm a bit bored if anyone couldn't tell. I did just delete a post taking the micky out of Bally a bit more in the EU thread, I thought comparing him to Trump might have been going a bit far, even if some think he likes Trump.
    New battery for the car being delivered to the house today, that's a bit of fun for this evening. I suspect I might have to remove lots of plastic to get to it as the access panel didn't look big enough. Poxy modern cars. I could lube the door seals whilst I'm there, depends if it looks like encroaching into pub time. Well, it is Wednesday.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Hope you ordered your battery from a decent company ;)
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    You mean the cheap one that delivers to my house? Yes indeed. :mrgreen:
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I will remember this if I ever need any mg bits
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    and I survived the day. Date has chased the estate agent who in turn chased the vendors solicitors who was sitting on some docs filing their nails. Could end up moving last weekend of the month, guess I need to book ta holiday to avoid that hassle.

Car is hemorrhaging coolant, probably need to look into that
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Car is hemorrhaging coolant, probably need to look into that

Ouch. Head gasket, radiator, heater matrix, faulty reservoir cap, split hose... maybe... Use some Radweld. If it ain't cured, you'll have to dig a bit deeper.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Flâneur wrote:
    and I survived the day. Date has chased the estate agent who in turn chased the vendors solicitors who was sitting on some docs filing their nails. Could end up moving last weekend of the month, guess I need to book ta holiday to avoid that hassle.

Sounds like a similar story. Our seller's estate agent has buggered off on holiday the day after forgetting to send us the title plan for the second bit of land we are meant to be buying, still on for next Friday move date... :|

In other news, I've been working very hard recently on lots of things but I keep forgetting to keep people updated on progress, they all assume I'm not doing anything and hence are angry. Slightly annoyed with myself seeing as I've done so much bloody work...
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    It seems SG is world weary from the daily shenanigans of the plebs that make up most corporate entities as the thread title quality has clearly diminished. Or he's knackered coz he's getting old ;-)

Restructures are the corporate version of darwins theory of evolution and should be used to unbalance and reacquaint the general populace of the commercial winds that touch most of us unlesss you work for HMG, council or previously nationalised industry.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Momentous day.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    edited January 2017
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I will remember this if I ever need any mg bits
    :lol:
    Well that was a pig of a job. As expected access panel was smaller than the battery, took off various other bits to get to it and find the battery is frozen in place, literally. Water has been getting into the space between bulkheads and the battery was frozen in ice. Finally got it done and it didn't want to start as all the warning lights went mad and electrical systems sulked. Eventually got it going. I hate modern cars, horrible to work on.
    Ballcocks! Just realised I didn't do the door seals.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Momentous day.

You got up?!
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Momentous day.

You got up?!

I did.

I went out.

I bought something.

I went home.

All go.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Momentous day.

You got up?!

I did.

I went out.

I bought something.

I went home.

All go.

SCAN required?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • team47b
    SCAN?

Schedules for Clinical Assessment in Neuropsychiatry (SCAN), a psychiatric diagnostic tool developed by WHO?

Shared Check Authorization Network (SCAN), a database of bad check writers and collection agency for bad checks?

Space Communications and Navigation Program (SCaN)?

Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience (journal)?