Focus Cayo Internal Rear Gear Cable Routing ( Chainstay )

PK1
PK1 Posts: 193
edited January 2017 in Workshop
I have just replaced the gear cable and the Rear Cable Stop popped out of the frame at the mech end. I have replaced it but cannot get it to attach to the cable guide tube which is in the chainstay. I'm not sure if it is supposed to just butt together or connect. Any one out there know ? The local Focus dealer didn't know.

The shifting seems to be working OK.

Comments

• I wouldn't worry about it. The first time I changed the cables on my Cayo I lost the cable guides. Much tie and searing ensued (and has every time I have changed the cables since).

With regard to the stop, it just fits into the recess where the cable comes out the back of the chainstay. It doesn't clip to anything.
  • PK1
    PK1 Posts: 193
    Thanks. I was quite lucky and managed to get job done without too much trouble. The first section of the cable through the the downtube came out by the bottom bracket without any vacuum cleaner / cotton tricks and Focus provide a guide for the chainstay section , so this was OK too.

Bit stiffer shifting than on the old style Ultegra 6600 with complete external setup though.