Giant toughroad slr 2 2017 vs Specialized sirrus elite 2017

Pedro1988
Pedro1988 Posts: 4
edited January 2017 in Commuting general
I need a new commute bike and both bikes are pretty similarly speced what is people's thoughts on both bikes. Usage will comprise of upto 18 miles a day commute with some occasional off-road gravel path riding? Is this a case of both bikes being the same and just having a do all set of tyres? Many thanks folks

Comments

• jok5
    jok5 Posts: 46
    I bought the Toughroad slr 1 for a commute bike. Done around 100miles on it so far and so far I think it's great. Used it for commute and also some playing around on trails. With the 1 I removed front pannier cage, left the back 1 on and invested in panniers for my commute. Big comfortable bike and I'm enjoying it.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you really want flat bars have a look at the PX LR
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLRDFLA ... -road-bike

Much better specced than the two above for only a bit more cash, I reframed my old Carrera Gryphon based commuter into an LR frame and am really happy with it, low front end (I run the stem flipped), fast and responsive yet absorbs the bumps well.

It will come in about 2-2.5Kg lighter than those other two.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • geomickb
    geomickb Posts: 147
    I'm looking for something similar. Does anyone have any thoughts about the Sonder Camino AL?

Mick
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Similar apart from having dropped bars!

I'd take the PX LR with Rival groupo versus the cheaper Apex on the Sonder at the same price.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.