The Bi-Cingles du Mont Ventoux

ju5t1n
ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
edited January 2017 in Road general
6 ascents of Mt Ventoux in one day to raise over ten thousand pounds for charity. A good read...

https://www.shuttvr.com/blogs/news/the- ... epic-place

Comments

• Wow.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,611
    If the climbing was 9000m then also counts as an Everest! Great blog.
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    I read the thread title and assumed it was about 2 of the 3 routes up, doh!
  • davep1
    MrB123 wrote:
    I don't think so, Everesting is meant to be one route, repeated. Isn't it?
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,611
    DaveP1 wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

Yeah, think you may be right. Probably a rather more satisfying ride though than flogging up and down the same route time after time.
  • Cinglé = crazy in French, which is about right!
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Good read that and a great effort to achieve, I'd say more mental than physical?
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    Haha, I did it the Cinglés de Mont Ventoux last year and the thought of doing it twice over is just ridiculous.
  • davep1

MrB123 wrote:
    DaveP1 wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

Yeah, think you may be right. Probably a rather more satisfying ride though than flogging up and down the same route time after time.

Definitely! Bit close to the High Rouleurs target of 10k though...
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Good read that and a great effort to achieve, I'd say more mental than physical?

Definitely a mental challenge but eating and drinking enough will be really hard too. At least you do each climb "only" twice (which looks stupid when written).

There was a 49 year old Brit who did this a couple of years ago supported just by his wife IIRC. After doing AdH6, I'd thought about attempting this but decided I don't have the time to commit to training. Now my daughter has been diagnosed with leukaemia, I might just have to rethink that decision and get on with it next year. I think it would make me one of the oldest Brits to do it. Will focus on my daughter for now but riding up a hill a few times is nothing compared with the treatment either my daughter or son has gone through - I just need to MTFU.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • DaveP1 wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

Isn't this one route (the 3 ascents) done twice?
  • iron_duke
    iron_duke Posts: 117

Definitely a mental challenge but eating and drinking enough will be really hard too. At least you do each climb "only" twice (which looks stupid when written).

There was a 49 year old Brit who did this a couple of years ago supported just by his wife IIRC. After doing AdH6, I'd thought about attempting this but decided I don't have the time to commit to training. Now my daughter has been diagnosed with leukaemia, I might just have to rethink that decision and get on with it next year. I think it would make me one of the oldest Brits to do it. Will focus on my daughter for now but riding up a hill a few times is nothing compared with the treatment either my daughter or son has gone through - I just need to MTFU.

Hope all works out ok. Treatment for lymphoma has come a long way so all crossed.
  • Jerry185
    Jerry185 Posts: 143
    Great blog - informative and exciting, yet concise. Could leave without a donation and this message should push the post back up.