Chinese Carbons - FR602 & WCB-R-066

Nathb
Nathb Posts: 36
edited January 2017 in Your road bikes
Hello,

After I sent back my LR frame due to the seat tube issue I ordered my first Chinese Carbon bike, a Flyxii FR602 which is currently on winter commuting duties:

49a42efa-d2b3-4caa-9a75-1e157f1d0305.jpg

It's 105 5800 equipped with fulcrum racing sport db wheels and finished off with deda kit. Without the mudguards it weighs in at 8.75kg.

My second Chinese bike has just been completed. A Workswell WCB-R-066, which I'll be attempting to race on:

b4fd839d-2446-45a0-87ef-371b4a947dd5.jpg

It has a BBright bottom bracket which looks very odd as it's asymmetrical. It's equipped with Ultegra 6800, fulcrum racing quattro wheels and again finished off with deda kit. It currently weighs 7.85kg but there's room for improvement as the steerer still needs cutting down and I'm planning on swapping to some carbon wheels. P.s. I changed the Chain :oops:

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• mac9091
    mac9091 Posts: 196
    Workswell??? Bet you hope it does :D

You keeping them plain black or looking to add some decals?
  • Nathb
    Haha Yeah the chinese have funny company names. I particularly like the name "Miracle bikes" :)

Plain/stealth but I'm going to slowly add subtle gold bits to the R66. I've only done .7 miles on it so far due to the bearings being shot in my front wheel. :(
  • Where did you order these from? ebay?
  • Nathb
    Direct.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Workswell, Ican, Imust....someone over there is having a great time thinking up these names ;)
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I fancy a single speed, that isn't some £250 12kg hunk of solid steel .... did you have to get the BB fitted yourself or did it come like that ?

not sure I can be dealing with fiting my own press fit, creak tastic and all that if I do it
  • Nathb
    fat daddy wrote:
    I fancy a single speed, that isn't some £250 12kg hunk of solid steel .... did you have to get the BB fitted yourself or did it come like that ?

not sure I can be dealing with fiting my own press fit, creak tastic and all that if I do it

The FR602 was a standard BSA, the R066 is a BBright and they installed it for me.
  • Nathb
    The WCB-R-066 has been put on a little bit of a diet for crit racing and has had new wheels and a power meter fitted.

7.7kg:
    F1C79E1F-1F91-4BAC-8CFA-4ACE0DFEB7BF.jpg
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    That saddle angle is not going to 'workswell'. Level it and save your knees..
  • Nathb
    Imposter wrote:
    That saddle angle is not going to 'workswell'. Level it and save your knees..

It is level, I have no idea why it looks so extreme in that picture. :shock:
  • Nathb wrote:
    It's 105 5800 equipped with fulcrum racing sport db wheels and finished off with deda kit. Without the mudguards it weighs in at 8.75kg.

I'm not sure I get this... Why does my Domane disc equiped with ultegra come in at around 9.75kg?

I can see some form of bike diet starting soon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    State of that decking!
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Nathb wrote:

I'm not sure I get this... Why does my Domane disc equiped with ultegra come in at around 9.75kg?

I can see some form of bike diet starting soon.

Hefty wheels would be my first guess.

My Ultegra Synapse, now with carbon wheels is about 8.2 iirc.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Matt_N wrote:
    State of that decking!
    Accident waiting to happen that, especially in cleats.
  • Nathb
    Lol the decking is on my to do list - it's only bad in that corner. I'm also the only person who uses the garden...