Can we cancel Monday?

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
As nobody has started a Monday thread and it's raining and because it's Monday can we just cancel the whole thing and try again tomorrow?

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    No, crack on you pussy.

At our age you should be grateful that you've woken up to enjoy the feel of cold hard rain on your face, the smell of Diesel engines and apathy of the general population while the visual stunning scenery of the daily commute passes you by.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    I second that motion. Not shook the grump off from Yesterday (cheers Pinno for the advice in the Sunday thread btw, I will look into some rollers on my lunch break) Gf suggested that perhaps I get myself down the GP to see if I can arrange a scan of some sort on the knee that way I at least know if it's more than what seems apparent.

Anyway, having looked at my schedule I think it's going to be a pretty quiet day at least, which somewhat softens the blow of it being Monday. I also heard a rumor that someone has offered to go down to Wagamamas to get the lunches in today instead of the typical sandwich van option if anyone was interested, might take them up on that.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Long drive in today, not even sure I can remember most of it. Bad traffic, temporary lights, anything to help ruin the day from the start. Though the Date won that prize by being sick for a good few hours after I went to bed having watched the NFL.

One of the bosses is back today so will have to explain how much I have done and how much I have left for him (actually none but let's not tell him that so soon)

Finally, anyone want to go bed shopping for me, cba working out what mattress, or what frame/divan
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    In office. Bored. I convinced myself yesterday that I need a new mtb frame, might start looking at bikes to procrastinate.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Inlaws visited this weekend - I have a 5y/o that's very easily overwhelmed and shy .. which manifests itself in plain bad manners and rudeness .... so I, for one am terribly glad its Monday and I am sat at work with soaking wet socks on and hungry
  • veronese68
    Slowmart wrote:
    ...the visual stunning scenery of the daily commute passes you by.
    Still dark when I got here so couldn't see the delights of Hanworth. Couple of deer right by the path in the park made me jump, thankfully they didn't move into the path as they were the ones with big pointy bits on their heads.
  • You know it's a bad day when the first thought that pops into your head when you wake up is "I'm looking forward to getting back into bed later".

So, to summarise, breakfast, desk, supermarket dash, desk, accounting assistant, dinner, bed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

foggy soggy here, massive thunderstorm last night and tornado warning

aside from that another day of blah looms, off to the gym for some pre brekkie exertion
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    I think I've just seen Manc33 or one of his friends. I was chatting to a colleague in an office upstairs when I saw a guy cycle down the pavement wearing a crash helmet covered in mirrors. Not for him to see behind him but facing outward from the helmet to reflect back any alien death rays or something. They looked like a load of car wing mirror glasses. Also slightly concerned that his bike had a kiddy seat on the back. These people are out there, and they are breeding.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I concur with the motion to cancel Monday.

Exceedingly damp this morning lots of little floods causing chaos more than the snow of last week. 15 minute drive to work took two hours as one lane of the slip onto a round about was flooded so lots of queues.

Bought some running shoes at the weekend so decided the office is a great place to break them in, only issue being I rarely leave the desk, I feel this may take longer than I'd hoped.

Anywho plan of the day. Be bored, lunch (may go for a walk) more being bored, home, dinner and loaf.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    fat daddy wrote:
    Inlaws visited this weekend - I have a 5y/o that's very easily overwhelmed and shy .. which manifests itself in plain bad manners and rudeness .... so I, for one am terribly glad its Monday and I am sat at work with soaking wet socks on and hungry
    My sympathies. My step son is the same, thankfully at 6 he's growing out of it a little. I'm a bit of a super nanny when it comes to kids behaviour but shyness is a hard one to fix.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Veronese68 wrote:
    As nobody has started a Monday thread and it's raining and because it's Monday can we just cancel the whole thing and try again tomorrow?
    Not today, next week maybe. I work for a US company and as it's MLK day and everyone is on holiday, e-mail and phone is splendidly quiet 8)
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    fat daddy wrote:

You have the same model five y/o as I do!

However, mine will happily recite in front of two hundred strangers. It puzzles me :?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    No need to cancel the day I fully intend wasting it, cleaned one of the cars as it was the one parked in the sunshine, that's half a day gone, walk to the bank this afternoon to check on the quantity of super strong euros, then get some fark off large ladders from a friends garagem and anialate my neighbour's almond trees 'cos they are casting shadows on my solar panels, something slightly ironic about cutting down trees to produce more electricity, I told my neighbor that the trees will grow back so he is happy and being 95 years old a touch optimistic :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Veronese68 wrote:
    We ll the rise in was a bit grim as the forecast that it wouldn't rain until late morning proved to be badly wrong. It was very mucky out there - my stylish hi viz communter jacket is not very hi viz any more. Hope it's dried up a bit by home time.

Apart from that its pretty busy in the office as I beaver away keeping our hard earned profits away from those that don't deserve them :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    [quote="fat daddy"...and I am sat at work with soaking wet socks on and hungry[/quote]

Plastic carrier bags on yer feet I tell ya.

@T47. You never know, he might out live you.

@Flan - Seems like HD can help.

Day 1 of squeaky bum week. Van is off road (sticky injector hopefully and nothing else) so managed to borrow one off the garage where it's at. It's a local ex Wigtownshire Community Transport Van. The upside was that I could park it anywhere the f*ck I liked and no one, inlcuding the cops batted an eyelid. I might get the same livery put on my van.
    Engineery walla came to see the 'job'. He's cool and said he would get the part off the baler today... Going to phone him after this post.

Instead of sitting around fretting and the weather is set for calm, PPP is on hold with the baler heavy on my mind and no toilet 'cos I haven't ordered it yet, I have decided to do lots of pedalling. F*ck 'em.

My 4 year old gives out hugs to complete strangers (mainly female strangers thankfully). Too much confidence sometimes.
    Toots 1 is 6 on Friday. 6!?! Holy batsh1t, it was only yesterday she could sleep on a pillow.

e7407e8888ffaa1c56759f10ad4cc3d0.jpg

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    team47b wrote:
    something slightly ironic about cutting down trees to produce more electricity

Roughly 30% of the timber I sell does exactly that... :|
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    HaydenM wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    something slightly ironic about cutting down trees to produce more electricity

Roughly 30% of the timber I sell does exactly that... :|

The almond wood will be put to good use next year in my wood burner :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    lets cancel today, lost a great mate and work colleague :(
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pinno wrote:
    [quote="fat daddy"...and I am sat at work with soaking wet socks on and hungry

Plastic carrier bags on yer feet I tell ya.

@T47. You never know, he might out live you.

@Flan - Seems like HD can help.

Day 1 of squeaky bum week. Van is off road (sticky injector hopefully and nothing else) so managed to borrow one off the garage where it's at. It's a local ex Wigtownshire Community Transport Van. The upside was that I could park it anywhere the f*ck I liked and no one, inlcuding the cops batted an eyelid. I might get the same livery put on my van.
    Engineery walla came to see the 'job'. He's cool and said he would get the part off the baler today... Going to phone him after this post.

Instead of sitting around fretting and the weather is set for calm, PPP is on hold with the baler heavy on my mind and no toilet 'cos I haven't ordered it yet, I have decided to do lots of pedalling. F*ck 'em.

My 4 year old gives out hugs to complete strangers (mainly female strangers thankfully). Too much confidence sometimes.
    Toots 1 is 6 on Friday. 6!?! Holy batsh1t, it was only yesterday she could sleep on a pillow.

e7407e8888ffaa1c56759f10ad4cc3d0.jpg

Laters.[/quote]
    As no one else has chipped in....

Ahhh bless. Is that a giant pillow?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    No, that was her at 2 weeks old.
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Sorry to hear that.
  • pinno
    That'll teach me to skim read... :oops:

Unexpected?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    That'll teach me to skim read... :oops:

Unexpected?

Ish, brain tumour & 3 ops, but was expected to have another year
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Sorry to hear that.

Thanks
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    TLW1 wrote:
    Bummer, that is not good :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Not good at all. :(
    But a sure sign that we are getting older.
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Not good at all. :(
    But a sure sign that we are getting older.

True, horrible, but true
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Condolences TLW... that's never an easy thing to deal with.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS