Dreich, dour, with smurry intervals Sunday thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,318
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
Sungod is over the other side of the pond. We need to exploit the time difference while we can.

Taking toots swimming today. Tomorrow is crunch week. Won't sleep till Friday.

Isn't it car bash Sunday for T47?

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I thought Sunday had been cancelled due to moistness and apathy. Few bits to do today, nothing too energetic as I did most of that yesterday.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Pinno, best wishes for crunch day and the outcome you desire.

A totally wet and windy 40 mile ride this morning which filled my winter boots with rain.

Just chilling now with a hot glass of mulled wine. The last piece of Christmas cake was despatched last night so the nut tightening begins as my wife has suggested I reacquaint myself with the bathroom scales.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Pinno wrote:
    Sungod is over the other side of the pond. We need to exploit the time difference while we can.

Taking toots swimming today. Tomorrow is crunch week. Won't sleep till Friday.

Isn't it car bash Sunday for T47?

Laters.

Car bash is the first Sunday of the month, Jan 1 was interesting to see lots of hungover people driving cars with dubious braking and steering systems :D

Went for a nice walk this morning in the sunshine, no wind, no clouds, blue sky, warm, coldest day of the year so far.

@p why is tomorrow a week long event?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    'ning (here)

i was up way earlier, but i felt it was time one of you slackers did some work :)

foggy here
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Sungod...Laters.

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13075001#p20045578

Cheers SM. I need a little luck.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Sungod...Laters.

don't panic

It will be fine :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Saw a strange thing whilst out for a short ride in the park yesterday. Around dusk so visibility not great going down a steep hill on the off road path saw two blokes with what looked from a distance to be a pair of low slung mutts. Slow down and realise they are dragging car tyres behind them attached to their waists with rope. I had to take to the grass as they were taking so much space. Very strange.
    Talking of strange, the Mrs has just given permission to buy new wheels.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    sungod wrote:
    'ning (here)

i was up way earlier, but i felt it was time one of you slackers did some work :)

foggy here
    So have you met your Texan alter ego, 'gunsod'?

That reminds me, I could do with a few more air miles for future holidays, may have to move jobs.

Soggy day so I am chilling a bit after dojng the necessary jobs to get me a quiet life, while Stropteen rides horses. May have to watch MOTD tonight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Sungod...Laters.

I still don't understand what you're up to. Are you out of the recycling business or back in?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    The ride yesterday (even if it was short) felt nice, my knee this morning however, didn't. Quick call to physio ended in "don't ride until you see me next Saturday and we can assess the situation" cheers then.

Starting to grate on me now, I think what with it passing the 3 week mark my patience is beginning to thin, is it really just weak glutes or is it something more? My knee felt fine before the ride no tweaks, no twinges. It seems only cycling flares it up and I did a poxy 30 minutes of minimal effort flat riding after 3 weeks of doing sweet FA leg wise apart from the allocated physio bits. Surely if it were just the weak glutes I would have had the issue sooner than 6 months into riding? F knows.Perhaps I'm just grasping at straws trying to make it more logical that it is. Having never been injured before like this, I expect most people get in a funk over it. Either way I'm grumpy and can't seem to shake it off. Normally when I'm frustrated I'd ride it off...I can almost taste the irony.

Perhaps I'll go cow tipping tonight to take my mind off it.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Sungod...Laters.

I still don't understand what you're up to. Are you out of the recycling business or back in?

Just selling off the last of the assets to line my pocket.
  • pinno
    LukeTC wrote:
    The ride yesterday (even if it was short) felt nice, my knee this morning however, didn't. Quick call to physio ended in "don't ride until you see me next Saturday and we can assess the situation" cheers then.

Starting to grate on me now, I think what with it passing the 3 week mark my patience is beginning to thin, is it really just weak glutes or is it something more? My knee felt fine before the ride no tweaks, no twinges. It seems only cycling flares it up and I did a poxy 30 minutes of minimal effort flat riding after 3 weeks of doing sweet FA leg wise apart from the allocated physio bits. Surely if it were just the weak glutes I would have had the issue sooner than 6 months into riding? F knows.Perhaps I'm just grasping at straws trying to make it more logical that it is. Having never been injured before like this, I expect most people get in a funk over it. Either way I'm grumpy and can't seem to shake it off. Normally when I'm frustrated I'd ride it off...I can almost taste the irony.

Perhaps I'll go cow tipping tonight to take my mind off it.

Having had 3 hip replacements, I can only recommend a set of rollers and some patience. Wheelspinner has had a major back op not so long ago and he's getting back into it only now.

The joint needs to get mobile first and before starting to add a little pressure. Even a flat ride at Sunday bog trot pace is putting pressure on.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Pinno wrote:
    Having had 3 hip replacements....
    I'm not sure whether implying you have 3 hips is some form of subtle indirect attempt at boasting? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Having had 3 hip replacements....
    I'm not sure whether implying you have 3 hips is some form of subtle indirect attempt at boasting? :)

I wish. Hip op number 1 went wrong.