Gent 6 2017

rich_pcp
rich_pcp Posts: 113
edited January 2017 in Pro race
Unless I'm missing something, it appears that the tickets for this year's event are already sold out for the final weekend.
I've booked for the last few years in March/April with no trouble. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Try a cycling forum. This one appears to be mostly about Sky or doping or both.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    rich pcp wrote:
    Unless I'm missing something, it appears that the tickets for this year's event are already sold out for the final weekend.
    I've booked for the last few years in March/April with no trouble. Anyone know what's going on?

They said this year that it was the first year they had 100% sold out all nights. Possibly they are releasing them in batches?

I've been looking at the London 6 and that's also sold out for the weekend (last I checked there were still some midweek tickets, possibly not now though).
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    There's going to be. Lot of disappointed people when they fond neither wiggo or cav are riding....

(on the other hand, t'Kuipke is hardly difficult to sell out...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    ddraver wrote:
    There's going to be. Lot of disappointed people when they fond neither wiggo or cav are riding....

(on the other hand, t'Kuipke is hardly difficult to sell out...)
    I think it's just getting a reputation in the UK on it's own merits though, regardless of who is riding. Just as an event to attend.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Well true that too. Even in 2015 there were a few Rapha hipsters to laugh at...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    damn i was hoping to pop over to this one at end of the year. Can anyone recommend any other 6 dayers on the continent that are worth doing ?
  • sherer wrote:
    damn i was hoping to pop over to this one at end of the year. Can anyone recommend any other 6 dayers on the continent that are worth doing ?

If you're willing to shell out the dosh, you'll be able to get VIP tickets. Look into that.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    sherer wrote:

If you're willing to shell out the dosh, you'll be able to get VIP tickets. Look into that.

I'll take a look over the weekend. Might look at Amsterdam 6 day instead.. fancy doing on abroad.. needs to be late in the year as im working away most of Sept \ Oct