Can you change how links open?

Whenever I click a link it replaces the forum in the same tab of my browser. It's really annoying!

Is there any way you can change it? I did look in User settings but couldn't find anything.

Comments

• andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Right click and 'open in new tab'?
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I click the mouse wheel which does the same as above.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Or CMD + click on Mac.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    redvee wrote:
    I click the mouse wheel which does the same as above.
    Oooh, I didn't know that - I have a new favourite thing now ;)
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • I know the ways to do it, but most forums seem to have it set up so it opens in a new tab which makes sense as it's likely you are clicking a link and then want to go back and discuss it, possibly refer to it etc. Cyclingnews works like this which is the same company, although the forums do look different.
  • To be honest the whole forum software used here is pretty basic. There are loads of alternatives with cool/useful features. XenForo being the one that springs to mind...
  • There is plans to have new forum software in the not too distant future (hopefully 12 months), but in the meantime there is unlikely to be any development on the current forum software.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    joshjevans wrote:
    There is plans to have new forum software in the not too distant future (hopefully 12 months), but in the meantime there is unlikely to be any development on the current forum software.

IS that going to still happen with the German buy-out?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.