what should I upgrade on this bike please

philrobinson
philrobinson Posts: 83
edited January 2017 in Road buying advice
HI guys and girls I have bought a second hand bike that its in pretty good condition I am doing the London to Paris bike ride in July and I am looking at what I could upgrade on the following bike to make it better I have about £250 to spare

its a Cube Agree 2012

Frame: HPA 7005 Hydroformed Triple Butted, Advanced Inner Cable Routing
Framecolor: White'n'Black
Frontfork: Easton EC70 SL CNT Carbon 1-1/8 - 1-1/2 inch
Headset: FSA Orbit Z-T
Stem: Raceface Cadence
Bar: Easton cant see the spec
Derailleur back: Shimano 105
Derailleur Front: Shimano Ultegra FD-6700BL double, clamp 34.9mm
Shifter: Shimano 105 ST-6700, 10-speed
Brakes: Shimano 105
Crankset: Shimano Ultegra FC-6750 Hollowtech II Compact 50x34T, Press-fit BB
Cassette: Shimano 105 CS-5700 11-28T, 10-speed
Chain: Shimano 105 CN-5701 106 links
Wheelset: Mavic Aksium Race 700
Tyres: Michelin Pro 4 Endurance
Innertube: Impac RR
Seat: Selle Italia C2
Seattube: Easton Carbon seat post
seatpostclamp: Scape Close 34.9mm
Weight: 8,1 kg
Bartape: CUBE Grip Control

Comments

• svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Why have you started another thread? And why has your bike changed it's components?? :roll:
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Good news is there's another £100 in the budget for this one.
  • updated the details but didnt realise I could edit the last one sorry and more detail on this one apologies
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    That's quite a nice bike, I'm not sure you are going to see much improvement by spending £250. As it is about four years old, if the chain hasn't been replaced, it may have stretched a bit and need replacing. You may need to replace the cassette at the same time. I'd spend any change on some decent shoes, gloves and bib shorts if you haven't already got them.
  • thanks Termite
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I wouldn't touch it ... just start riding it and in a couple of months you can repair anything that you dodnt realise was worn, or you could upgrade the bit that's niggling you

you might decide you want diferent bars or something ..... hell if I knew now what I knew then I would spend "250 on a few sets of Zipp sl70 bars for ALL my bikes .... most comfortable things I have owned
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    With £250 to spend (and assuming you already have decent bibshorts, shoes, jersey and helmet), I would be looking at your contact points - saddle, bars and pedals. If these are comfortable for you, it will make a far bigger difference than anything else for riding longer distances.

If those are all good for you (and you're desperate to spend the money), you could perhaps find some lighter wheels. Campag Zondas can usually be found for around that price, or Ultegra if you want to keep everything Shimano. You already have pretty decent tyres.

There's nothing particularly wrong with 5700 series 105, but the newer 5800 series is quite a leap forward. You won't find the whole groupset for that price, but the newer brakes are worth the money.

Hope that helps!
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    fat daddy wrote:
    I wouldn't touch it ... just start riding it and in a couple of months you can repair anything that you dodnt realise was worn, or you could upgrade the bit that's niggling you

This is good advice!
  • thanks James