Buying the Correct Size of Bike

Ablack
Ablack Posts: 2
edited January 2017 in Women
A friend of mine is selling an older style of the Specialized Roubaix. It is a 52. I am 5'9' and I have gone on a few rides on it. It feels pretty good and but I am wondering if I should buy the bike or if it is too small. I have a 32 inseam. Please help!

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    It really depends what riding position you are after and your proportions as a 52" Roubaix would generally fit someone of up to about 5ft6 and realistically a 54" would go up to about 5ft9.

My wife is 5ft3 and rides a 51" road bike as she prefers a more upright riding position, if she wanted a much more head down position she would drop down a size.
  • If it feels good and isn't giving you any problems, I would say go for it!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    If it feels good and isn't giving you any problems, I would say go for it!

Really!!!

Are you just trolling threads now?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Bit harsh - of course I'm not trolling. Just trying to help, obvs!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    But the threads you keeping answering are old. This one is 2 and a half years old.
    The OP has probably got a new bike and only ever made that one post anyway.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Sorry, I'll DEFINITELY check the dates from now on!