thursday all your base are belong to us

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym cafe wfh

may, brexit, trump, just one explanation, we've been invaded by aliens, anything else is fake news, only the agents of the tabby can save us now

tabbytotherescue.jpg
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Not that I pretend to understand sungod's thread titles but I'm sure that can't be right?

Morning all, bottled out of my wobble in this morning, the threat of impending snow/heavy rain was enough to send me whimpering for the train. Busy day of work avoidance to be had. Roll on Friday.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning,

Another practically sleepless night, girl managed to settle about half 3 by which time I was past being tired so crept out of bed and went to the gym instead. Only me and the cleaners in there this morning, they looked at me as if I was a vampire, maybe it was the blood shot eyes, or perhaps they just think i'm mental because they're paid to be there that early and I chose to be. Either way, it beat sitting in front of the telly until work. Got home and not even the dog wanted to get up for a walk, a long drawn out huff from her bed and then turned to face the wall as I shook her lead in her face :lol:

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm starting to love my massage roller, the physio exercises seriously make my backside ache so rolling it out actually feels more like relief now than when I started......reading that back, perhaps I'm more sleep deprived than I thought...

Does anyone know if you can shoot caffeine directly into a vein?
  • sungod
    seanoconn wrote:
    Not that I pretend to understand sungod's thread titles but I'm sure that can't be right?

http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/gif/
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Cleaners have been round and kindly re arranged my desk in some bizarre manner. Quite why I need my monitors at various angles an in different directions is beyond me.
    Orifice is a buzz with talk of snow and people hoping to leave early due to it, I doubt it'll come to much.

I don't shoot caffeine anymore, to much hassle I generally do lines of powdered coffee off my phone screen through rolled up postit notes.
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning,

Cleaners have been round and kindly re arranged my desk in some bizarre manner. Quite why I need my monitors at various angles an in different directions is beyond me.
    Orifice is a buzz with talk of snow and people hoping to leave early due to it, I doubt it'll come to much.

I don't shoot caffeine anymore, to much hassle I generally do lines of powdered coffee off my phone screen through rolled up postit notes.
    Chewing Kenco is probably more subtle, plus you get a nice little bucket to spit into to get that pting! sound
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/gif/
    That's actually quite comprehensible for a cat.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Wahey. it's snowing! That'll give the whingers something to whinge about.

Me tying up loose ends today me.

The more it snows, tiddley pom, the colder my toes tiddley pom... Might sit on the rollers for an hour and watch the snow and the same time. It''ll be like Alpine pedalling by proxy.

Laters.

Oh, did I mention it? It's snowing.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I walked across the town square and got a cold wet head. Not snow, just soggy cold sleet.

Quick site visit, a bit of shopping to make a nice beef and ginger stirfry tonight.

Desk, meh, desk, soup, meh.

Cold in the works, I'll just stay here where it's warm.

Meh.

Ramblings...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Might sit on the rollers for an hour and watch the snow and the same time. It''ll be like Alpine pedalling by proxy.

Why does that suddenly seem like a good idea! My turbo lives in the garage so I could get closer to the feeling by having some mild hypothermia as well...
  • For about three seconds then you'll sweat like a pig!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    seanoconn wrote:

Morning all, bottled out of my wobble in this morning, the threat of impending snow/heavy rain was enough to send me whimpering for the train. Busy day of work avoidance to be had. Roll on Friday.
    Same here. Going to be heavy snow by time I leave the office. Ho hum. But on the bright side it's snowing in the Alps so plenty of base getting laid down for next months trip 8)

In other news HMRC have given me a nice fat tax refund so am currently deciding what to splash out on to celebrate :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Where too Stevo?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    no snow
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Glad I did a good session yesterday, gave the turbo a kick and went back to watching a place in the sun
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Where too Stevo?
    Val D'Isere 8)

Staying slap bang in the middle of town so all the clubs, bars and restaurants within crawling distance.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Been on the first aid at work requalification today. Done it many times before so just have to turn up and not fall asleep. Have to try to behave as well, not doing too well on that front but seem to have gotten away with it. She laughed and didn't run away at least. Wobbled over but it's only a couple of miles, got soaked on the way back. Now snowing here too, very much doubt it will settle much. Might walk tomorrow if it's too icy.
  • veronese68
    Just had a bit of good news, the boy has been given an unconditional offer for Birmingham university. Unfortunately he's taking a year off and can't defer it. Reverts to standard offer of AAA.
    Year off is great and will be really character building, experiences he'll never forget and all that. But...
  • sungod
    i took a gap for character building

but then i thought, f**k character, and ended up seeing lots of bands and general debauchery while building my tolerance for huge quantities of neat vodka, this stood me in good stead for many years, the ability to drink colleagues into a coma is not to be sniffed at
  • Flâneur
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just had a bit of good news, the boy has been given an unconditional offer for Birmingham university. Unfortunately he's taking a year off and can't defer it. Reverts to standard offer of AAA.
    Year off is great and will be really character building, experiences he'll never forget and all that. But...

Unless the course sees a mass increase then I suspect they will offer similar next year. Further more you'd be amazed at what comes into clearing since they removed the cap on ABB and above
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur
    ps took 5 gap years
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    Flâneur wrote:
    ps took 5 gap years

proper job!
  • Flâneur
    dont half heart it!
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    That's good to know. He's already got a lot of it planned out, 6 months in NZ hopefully working in Queenstown with a bit of travelling around, up the coast in Oz then travelling SE Asia. Have a few contacts to facilitate things, I suspect he may have a drink or so.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Flâneur wrote:
    ps took 5 gap years

Snap! Well, five years in the wilderness. Half of it with hair (I used to pull) than the second half as an NHS lab rat (without hair).

Chemo at the Hammersmith Hospital and Guinness at the little bar on the Thames on rare occasion. It was a heady ,mix.
    Near the bridge. What's the name of that place? My then GF got a job there.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!