Best way to remove Kinesiology tape?

LukeTC
LukeTC Posts: 211
Hey, so the physio I saw on Saturday taped my knee and leg, however as the days have gone on what with showering etc, it's beginning to fray and peel at the edges which means it keeps catching on my trousers or pulling on hair (no, I don't shave my legs although I'm seriously reconsidering that decision now)

Anyway, I reckon in the next day or so I may have to take it off (although I'm back at the physio Saturday so if I can hold off so he can do it then I will).

Anyway, does anyone have any tips on the best way to take it off if it comes down to it? Or am I just going to have to grit my teeth and rip it off lol.

Comments

• cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    LukeTC wrote:
    Hey, so the physio I saw on Saturday taped my knee and leg, however as the days have gone on what with showering etc, it's beginning to fray and peel at the edges which means it keeps catching on my trousers or pulling on hair (no, I don't shave my legs although I'm seriously reconsidering that decision now)

Anyway, I reckon in the next day or so I may have to take it off (although I'm back at the physio Saturday so if I can hold off so he can do it then I will).

Anyway, does anyone have any tips on the best way to take it off if it comes down to it? Or am I just going to have to grit my teeth and rip it off lol.

yeh rip it off as quick as possible. painful for a fraction of a second then good to go.

then shave your legs.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    When I have used this it tended to start peeling off after a couple of days. Have a bath and it will float off.
  • sven_jto
    sven_jto Posts: 183
    Webboo wrote:
    When I have used this it tended to start peeling off after a couple of days. Have a bath and it will float off.
    with bath it leaves a sticky residue behind that takes forever to clean.... just pull and scream :lol: it's cleaner (I used rocktape)