wednesday the pyres are lit

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,517
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

today really must make the effort to go to office, but only because i had amazon deliver something there, after which my homing instinct will kick in

off to yoosay soon, wondering whether to hit the duty free at lhr and nag them to put it in a tamper evident bag for the connection or stow some port in my case

life in ******* texas, for f**k's sake, fucking ******* think adding fucking cheese makes it fine ******* dining, fucking heathens, i need the port to numb my perception for the duration, plus one of our veeps likes trump, ******, going to get myself on the nawty step i can tell, be a laugh seeing their face though

fucking swearfilters, **** **** ****

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Enjoy Texas. I'm off to Atlanta in the summer for a similar cultural experience.

Good night last night, that honey flavoured JD is a bit more-ish. Unfortunately that and the kebab on the way home made me a bit dehydrated. Nothing like a classy night out in London :)

Onwards to free brekky at an advisors. Followed by free lunch at a head of tax anoraks meeting. Will have to work this afternoon though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, just about to head out in the storm for some site meetings. Oh dear.
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning

No gym today, gf was very unwell last night which kept me up the majority of the night, she must have caught a nasty chest infection from somewhere, here's hoping I don't come down with one too. Dangers of working in the care industry I suppose.

Another easy day at work, lots of work being done on the electrics on the industrial estate which means no power for most of the late morning. A nice long extended lunch break for me it is then.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in to work this morning, not too windy down here. Still really slow and get out of breath instantly. I think it must be this lingering cough, I can't be that unfit :oops: Been reasonably busy with a couple of big orders, that's always good in January. Pub later as it's Wednesday. On a first aid course the next couple of days so will only have a short ride to that.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    So Stevo is staying classy, Luke is nicer to his GF than any of us (we'd all demand they remove themselves to permit us a good nights sleep ( I said demand, I didn't say it would happen)

Another day another dollar. roads were a mess this morning, took forever. Teaches me for not working from home. Sending off what should b the last of the docs to the solicitor, one step closer to new bike space. Can't wait for the Date to see me bring the surfboard and 4 pairs of skis into the house from my other house. I'll try take a picture, no boobs.

Did you shout at teachers V68?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • LukeTC
    Flâneur wrote:
    Luke is nicer to his GF than any of us (we'd all demand they remove themselves to permit us a good nights sleep ( I said demand, I didn't say it would happen)
    Brownie points have to be earned where possible, I may not get another chance like that :lol:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Enjoy Texas. I'm off to Atlanta in the summer for a similar cultural experience.

Good night last night, that honey flavoured JD is a bit more-ish. Unfortunately that and the kebab on the way home made me a bit dehydrated. Nothing like a classy night out in London :)

Onwards to free brekky at an advisors. Followed by free lunch at a head of tax anoraks meeting. Will have to work this afternoon though.

Just a tad! never lasts long near me.

Morning, something's a miss in the orifice today, most of the men in the office are wearing ties, apparently two things are happening today, a super important person is turning up and there's two job roles up for grabs on another team. Neither of which I got wind of but by fluke I'm in a respectable shirt with cufflinks.
    Also seems to be a fair amount of talk of snow, I'll freely admit I'm a big kid in these matters but I doubt there will be much more than a flurry despite what's been alleged.
  • Gale force winds set the works alarm off at 2am meaning I got the call from the monitoring company. Meaning I feel a bit grumpy now.

A day of work awaits follwed by an evening of helping with other peoples work. Oh joy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    No, the girl wouldn't let me, I was under strict orders not to have a go at them. Actually went very well. She got glowing comments from most of them in spite of the fact that she's missed the best part of a year in school. She's still top of her class in maths and science. She struggles with English for a variety of reasons, but is doing quite well in spite of hating it. The only problem was the RE teacher who seems unable to accept that she is still not well. She asked when she'd be able to attend all the lessons as she really had a lot to catch up on. We told her we didn't know but it wouldn't happen in the short term and her health was more important. That seemed to shut her up. After we left I told her I didn't give a damn if she failed RE, she's doing really well in the important subjects and most importantly she's getting better slowly. Very happy really.
  • veronese68
    LukeTC wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Luke is nicer to his GF than any of us (we'd all demand they remove themselves to permit us a good nights sleep ( I said demand, I didn't say it would happen)
    Brownie points have to be earned where possible, I may not get another chance like that :lol:
    I'd have offered to rub some Vicks on her chest.
    In fact, the offer stands. Where do you live? :mrgreen:
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    After we left I told her I didn't give a damn if she failed RE, she's doing really well in the important subjects and most importantly she's getting better slowly. Very happy really.

Its one of those nonsense lessons, a bit like A David Beckham degree.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    No, the girl wouldn't let me, I was under strict orders not to have a go at them. Actually went very well. She got glowing comments from most of them in spite of the fact that she's missed the best part of a year in school. She's still top of her class in maths and science. She struggles with English for a variety of reasons, but is doing quite well in spite of hating it. The only problem was the RE teacher who seems unable to accept that she is still not well. She asked when she'd be able to attend all the lessons as she really had a lot to catch up on. We told her we didn't know but it wouldn't happen in the short term and her health was more important. That seemed to shut her up. After we left I told her I didn't give a damn if she failed RE, she's doing really well in the important subjects and most importantly she's getting better slowly. Very happy really.

This is excellent news.

Just back from two days visiting new client site interstate. Spent most of the time with head in hands having realised just how much work is required in the next 4 months.

Late return home, via pizza restaurant for a change. Now drinking to forget the horrors of the day...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • LukeTC
    Veronese68 wrote:
    LukeTC wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Dear Veronese68

Thank you for your application for the position of Vicks Rubber at The Girl's Baps. As you can imagine, we received a large number of applications for this job and while it may be a two person project. I am sorry to inform you that on this occasion we have opted to keep this a one man department.

The selection committee thanks you for the time you invested to apply for this position.

We will keep your details on file should a position open up and encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify.

Best wishes in your job seach. Thank you, again, for your interest in her boobs.

Sincerely,

LukeTC
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    LukeTC wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    LukeTC wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Dear Veronese68

Thank you for your application for the position of Vicks Rubber at The Girl's Baps. As you can imagine, we received a large number of applications for this job and while it may be a two person project. I am sorry to inform you that on this occasion we have opted to keep this a one man department.

The selection committee thanks you for the time you invested to apply for this position.

We will keep your details on file should a position open up and encourage you to apply for future openings for which you qualify.

Best wishes in your job seach. Thank you, again, for your interest in her boobs.

Sincerely,

LukeTC
    Wize move Lukey. Speaking from experience I find that V68 is a bit slap dash with the old Vicks rub. Speaking as a Doctor, if you could post a picture of the chest infection I might be able to recommend a treatment for a speedy recovery and restful nights sleep :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • LukeTC
    seanoconn wrote:
    Wize move Lukey. Speaking from experience I find that V68 is a bit slap dash with the old Vicks rub. Speaking as a Doctor, if you could post a picture of the chest infection I might be able to recommend a treatment for a speedy recovery and restful nights sleep :D
    Inception_LeoSquint.png
  • Flâneur
    Veronese68 wrote:
    After we left I told her I didn't give a damn if she failed RE, she's doing really well in the important subjects and most importantly she's getting better slowly. Very happy really.

Its one of those nonsense lessons.

Depends on the teacher, class and what you are after.

Mine were good but then after the first teacher left the new one just saw it as ethics, morality, and philosophy. Though pointless for my GCSE and UCAS needs it was valuable
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Thank you Spinner, very good news. I've said it before but things seem to be moving in the right direction.
    Also, thank you Luke. It may have been a rejection but at least you answered. Please keep me in mind in case the position becomes vacant. Don't trust that Seano, I know which school he went to and he's no doctor.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thank you Spinner, very good news. I've said it before but things seem to be moving in the right direction.
    Also, thank you Luke. It may have been a rejection but at least you answered. Please keep me in mind in case the position becomes vacant. Don't trust that Seano, I know which school he went to and he's no doctor.
    I have a doctorate in RE :P
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    shame, M deviant would have a better matched word when describing you
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    WFH, as I'm off on the fun bike later with the local cycling group, as this week they are cycling in the woods at the back of the house. It's a big win as they finish the ride and then go to my local :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Did... really.[/b]
    Now drinking to forget the horrors of the day...

Oh yes, you're back at work.

Can you please advertise available positions in advance please Luke?

Me finished French doors me. Farqed. Next week build toilet cubicle...
    One mention of baps and Seano is on here like a shot :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • LukeTC
    Pinno wrote:
    Can you please advertise available positions in advance please Luke?
    I pride myself on a fair and open application process, should a vacancy arise please be assured that it will be made well known.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Did... really.[/b]

Oi! I've been working continuously for the last 30 years. I'm not some sort of antipodean slacker, dossing about in the warm sun, enjoying walks on the beach fuelled by a nice cold glass of something.
    Sounds pretty good actually, I might have to jack it all in and move somewhere warmer.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Did... really.[/b]

You said
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...I've been working continuously for the last 30 years
    and then you said
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I might have to jack it all in and move somewhere warmer.

Perhaps you actually have to do the first sentiment properly in order to do the second.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!