Moon LX360 stopped working

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited January 2017 in Commuting chat
I bought one of these a couple of months back. All ok until last it got soaked last night. The light works fine when it's plugged in to charge, but won't work at all when unplugged. Battery issue? Or has water got in and I should just let it dry for a day or two? Looks like a replacement battery is about £15, which is only a fiver or so less than I paid for the light, though that's back up a full price now.

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    As it is under 6 months you should be able to get a replacement or a full refund in the UK.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Take it apart dry it with paper then leave it to dry out it back together and it'll be fine, all the moon lights I've had do this at some point
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hopkinb
    Ta, it's in bits drying out. I'll see if it works in a couple of days. If not, I'll see if I can remember who I bought it off and angle for a replacement.
  • itboffin
    hopkinb wrote:
    Ta, it's in bits drying out. I'll see if it works in a couple of days. If not, I'll see if I can remember who I bought it off and angle for a replacement.

Be sure and take the battery off ASAP and dry that out the rest is pretty okay getting a bit wet I've found

Not the greatest casing design by moon but otherwise pretty good lights, of course my moon shield will now die on the way home
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hopkinb
    Just reassembled and seems to be working fine.
  • itboffin
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just reassembled and seems to be working fine.

aye