And you thought it couldn't get worse...

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,480
edited January 2017 in The bottom bracket
Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has been meeting with some of the future Trump administration and senior Republican leadership....

I can't believe anyone in power would put this self serving politician anywhere near a diplomacy facing role.......

Does anyone know if Boris's trip aligned with any book signings? I suppose Boris and the Donald have a lot in common, both lie, mutter and express the occasional racist comments and view women with the same lens.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I don't think that this is terrible at all. Who should we send - go on name one from what we have got - but they are all self serving but at least he has a track record. And so what about the 'diplomacy'? Look at the way we are treating Europe - causing offence to the EU and also to our own civil service too! Good I say - we are not a world power and we are dealing with someone in America who is the legitimate president elect - like him or not. He will behave instinctively in some respects and has already hinted at the trade deal - which is the purpose of diplomatic approaches and if so then we will get there far faster than through the machinations of small c conservatism.

We do have a disproportionate influence for our size, but we are a successful country but have really no increasing role in the world.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    The vile odious little turd, Farage, would be worse.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    infect him with ebola, marburg, lassa, smallpox, and norovirus, then send him over so that they meet just as he starts spraying it out uncontrollably

i leave you to contemplate that image, my work here is done
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • FishFish
    OK so does Farage 'trump' Vaz?

• sungod wrote:
    infect him with ebola, marburg, lassa, smallpox, and norovirus, then send him over so that they meet just as he starts spraying it out uncontrollably

i leave you to contemplate that image, my work here is done

Wipe out the entire US population?

I like your thinking.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    ooo no, not all, i have friends there

this'll only affect the inner circle, he doesn't like anyone else near him (except when he's trying to grope someone's daughter)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • slowmart
    FishFish wrote:
    I don't think that this is terrible at all.

He will behave instinctively in some respects and has already hinted at the trade deal - which is the purpose of diplomatic approaches and if so then we will get there far faster than through the machinations of small c conservatis.

Even Farage has a semblance of business acumen and unlike yourself and Boris who also subscribes to "quickly negotiating trade agreements" If I was on the opposite side of the table in negotiations I''d rip your heart out, smile when I'd return your heart to your grateful hands all under the auspices of a "quick deal".

Good deals are done from a position of strength and by able people or if you're dancing it's better to lead rather than follow.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    It could get much worse...imagine this shower of sh1t in some godforsaken leftie coalition :shock:

jeremy-corbyn.jpg

Nicola-Sturgeon-012.jpg

Tim-Farron.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    Given the last few months, your long held wishes might come true.

the Israeli guy was spot on with Johnson "he is an idiot"
  • Stevo_666
    Lookyhere wrote:

Do you not look at the polls or are you just hopelessly optimistic by nature? :wink:
    http://www.ukpolitical.info/General_election_polls.htm
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Lookyhere wrote:

Do you not look at the polls or are you just hopelessly optimistic by nature? :wink:
    http://www.ukpolitical.info/General_election_polls.htm

Are these the same polls that forecast we'd stay in the EU and the republicans would lose not only the presidency but majorities in both Houses? :shock:

Since we do t have an effective opposition means the Tories can and have performed appallingly badly, both dodgy Dave going missing for his last couple years as PM and May due to lack of accountability they're being held to by the poor quality of MP's in Shadow Cabinet positions. This translates into ineffective leadership and rabbit in headlight mode.

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    I was just pointing out the alternative. Careful what you wish for?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Was this just a ruse to suck Stevo in Slowmart? Good idea.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FishFish
    Slowmart wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

If I was on the opposite side of the table in negotiations I''d rip your heart out, smile when I'd return your heart to your grateful hands all under the auspices of a "quick deal".

I think that is exactly what is going to happen and as we have little bargaining power other than the weakness of sterling and a fairly well established export industry then we will not get a good deal. But all of that is secondary to the fact of increasing isolationism which will inhibit our attempts to increase trade in USA, China or India which will override any trade agreements.

• Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I think its to do with Slowmarts slight obsession with Boris and Trump. All good fun, even if it should be in Cake Stop :)
  • slowmart
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I think its to do with Slowmarts slight obsession with Boris and Trump. All good fun, even if it should be in Cake Stop :)

I find the content of a higher calibre here in bb ....

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    Pinno wrote:

It's more to do with the trump light personalities that make up the current government. Perhaps it's just me but the recent narrative from May and Boris today just show how much out their depth they are and haven't a clue how to get to grips with the multi faceted issues.

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Yes but we can say what we really think in BB without the PC brigade jumping in.

As an aside, I don't think US foreign policy fundamentally changes regardless of what president is in power.

George Dubblya managed to turn a huge area of the Californian coast into a protected area and was funding projects such as the one in parts of Africa which was teaching and providing contraception for people who wouldn't have normally considered it, could afford it or had access to it. He blew the tripartite talks between Israel and it's neighbours out of the water that Clinton brokered.
    ...and he still poured trillions into the 'Star wars' project.
    Obama successfully changed the relationship with Iran, but simultaneously, halted the funding for projects in Africa.
    ...but still continued pouring money into the 'Star Wars' program.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Yes but we can say what we really think in BB without the PC brigade jumping in.

As an aside, I don't think US foreign policy fundamentally changes regardless of what president is in power.

George Dubblya managed to turn a huge area of the Californian coast into a protected area and was funding projects such as the one in parts of Africa which was teaching and providing contraception for people who wouldn't have normally considered it, could afford it or had access to it. He blew the tripartite talks between Israel and it's neighbours out of the water that Clinton brokered.
    Obama successfully changed the relationship with Iran, but simultaneously, halted the funding for projects in Africa.
    The one reason I can find to like Trump is that he is soooo good at winding up lefties and liberals. Keep those tweets coming DT :P
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I think Stevo will stop supporting Comrade Corbyn now he has suggested a cap on top level wages, it may affect his income.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

The one reason I can find to like Trump is that he is soooo good at winding up lefties and liberals. Keep those tweets coming DT :P

Typically his tweets are a response to being wound up by liberals and lefties ;)
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think Stevo will stop supporting Comrade Corbyn now he has suggested a cap on top level wages, it may affect his income.
    I might have to move somewhere a bit more tax friendly, like France or Italy.

Although I reckon there is plenty of money to be made exploiting the loopholes in this one :)
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    can it get worse - look at Boris's legacy with TfL and the unions to understand negotiating capability with a single party, not 27 and be afraid.

Or Farridge's succession and continuity planning.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Yes... program.

Missing the point again Stevo? :roll:

I was suggesting that the administration in the US regardless of who is president hardly changes. I think their foreign policy is set on stone and the fun starts when he tries to get anything through congress.
    Apart from a few 'woolly liberals', there aren't many on the left in the US anyway.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Yes... program.

I was suggesting that the administration in the US regardless of who is president hardly changes. I think their foreign policy is set on stone and the fun starts when he tries to get anything through congress.
    Apart from a few 'woolly liberals', there aren't many on the left in the US anyway.
    Point not missed. But who gives a t0ss anyway.

DT has his own thread in CS and one of our forumites is so obsessed with him that he's changed his avatar :wink:

Anyhow, I'll update you when I've been over to visit my Trump supporting in laws in the deep south this summer :)
  • slowmart
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Yes... program.

Let's see what happens with the American embassy.....congress approved the move to Jerusalem but whichever POTUS was in office since the vote always invoked national security for the reason not to implement the move.

The PLO have found an extra gear in finding their voice since the incoming trump administration have suggested to their allies that the move would be announced shortly.

Let's see what the Russians have to say about their new fI_Ick buddy.

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Yes... program.

Let's see what happens with the American embassy.....congress approved the move to Jerusalem but whichever POTUS was in office since the vote always invoked national security for the reason not to implement the move.

The PLO have found an extra gear in finding their voice since the incoming trump administration have suggested to their allies that the move would be announced shortly.

Let's see what the Russians have to say about their new fI_Ick buddy.

Putin must be smiling from ear to ear with the thought of wrapping DT around his little finger.