Where should Kwiato go next year

Richmond Racer 2
Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
edited January 2017 in Pro race
So, Little Flower only has one more season, then - hopefully - he can move on

Freeeeeedom.....

So the question is: which team would you like to see him ride for? And hopefully get back to the Kwiato of old...

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Trek or Sunweb could both suit him. And you'll hate me saying this but I also think he might go well at Nibs' outfit.
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Trek or Sunweb could both suit him. And you'll hate me saying this but I also think he might go well at Nibs' outfit.

Maybe we should see how Team T go first....

Trek may be a decent shout
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    He'd do very well at Katusha.

;)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Are you sure this is his last contract year?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Astana? Seriously, they're not full of big names and he could be allowed to do his own thing in the GTs and be effective in the one-dayers.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Dimension Data. He should be available at Aldi rates and would definitely be a leader.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Doesn't he need to choose between stage races or classics first. He's okay at both, he could be great at one.
  • He might land a big one this spring and remain at Sky.
  • joelsim
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Astana? Seriously, they're not full of big names and he could be allowed to do his own thing in the GTs and be effective in the one-dayers.

Not sure how Aru and Lopez would feel about that, nor Valgren who's been promised leadership in the Ardennes.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    andyp wrote:
    Doesn't he need to choose between stage races or classics first. He's okay at both, he could be great at one.

Should join Trek and he could be to Degenkolb what Devolder was to Boonen in '08/09.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    andyp wrote:

Should join Trek and he could be to Degenkolb what Devolder was to Boonen in '08/09.

Trek seems a good option if Bertie C is only doing 1 year? They won't then have a mega big GC name to support come the GTs so Kwiat could have a lot of Freedom - plus it's only on Flanders & E3 where you'd see a real cross over between Deg & Kwiat (and am not convinced on Deg on those either, vs. his winning ability at P-R).
  • rick_chasey
    I am very biased but when I look at his palmares it screams one day racer. He legitimately has a shout at Flanders races, Ardenne races & Lombardy.

He's also not bad tactically.

Forget the GTs kiwa! He should go to Lotto and him & Benoot can be a power duo.
  • All the foreign Sky riders will be leaving in a jiffy..............................
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • salsiccia1
    Ba-doom-tish
  • I am very biased but when I look at his palmares it screams one day racer. He legitimately has a shout at Flanders races, Ardenne races & Lombardy.

Yeah, I'm of the same thinking - fuhgettabout the GT shiz, Kwiato
  • All the foreign Sky riders will be leaving in a jiffy..............................

The veal's off but the waitress will be along for her tip any minute
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I am very biased but when I look at his palmares it screams one day racer. He legitimately has a shout at Flanders races, Ardenne races & Lombardy.

Yeah, I'm of the same thinking - fuhgettabout the GT shiz, Kwiato
    Aside for the Classics he should become the new Simon Spilak - avoiding GTs altogether and focusing on week long races.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    I've always thought of him as being a Gilbert-type rider, great hilly one-day racer and a good attacking rider in stage races. I've never really considered him as a prospective GT winner, hence my thoughts of him going to Astana as one-day rider and stage winner.
  • rick_chasey
    Katusha could work. They can afford him, and he'd be the long range foil for the Kristoff sprint, and him & Moreno would be a punchy combo in the Ardennes.

Or he could go to Movistar once Valverde eventually gives up the ghost.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    It's only the 2nd page of this thread and already I'm hoping for an obscene wiping of floor with opposition by Kwiatkovski this season (for this thread title and for Cycling Podcast constant referral to him as Sky's "vanity signing").
    The realities of pro cycling dictate that that dominance is highly unlikely, but here's a question: what would he have to win for this season to be deemed a success?
  • dish_dash
    A couple of WT races and/or GT stages... And not be sick all the time...
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    A single monument + 1-2 GT stages

or 2-3 races just below like Strade Bianche + E3 Harelbeke + Fleche Walonne + 1-2 GT stages.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • joelsim
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    It's only the 2nd page of this thread and already I'm hoping for an obscene wiping of floor with opposition by Kwiatkovski this season (for this thread title and for Cycling Podcast constant referral to him as Sky's "vanity signing").
    The realities of pro cycling dictate that that dominance is highly unlikely, but here's a question: what would he have to win for this season to be deemed a success?

I guess to get more than 1/3 of the number of CQ points of his most successful season.
  • Monument or a week long stage race Or a few second tier classics
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12989234&hilit=retire+palmares

2 years ago
    Thread probably started just after Kwiatowski won Strade Bianche

Seems Sagan has streaked ahead.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • dish_dash
    Yeah, imagine what would have happened if Sagan had joined Sky...
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Yeah, imagine what would have happened if Sagan had joined Sky...

Many are the lolz
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Think the 'vanity signing' comment was a reference to Brailsford signing him on big €€€ whilst not seemingly having a plan on how to use him, and certainly not being able to give him an option to play to his strengths (stage hunting) in GTs.

He has the potential to be the best 'all round' 1 day man in the world.