Surrey Hills/places to ride??

JGTR
JGTR Posts: 1,404
edited February 2017 in MTB general
Hi all. Looking for somewhere new to ride, ideally somewhere I can just turn up and ride with marked trails - have tried Bedgebury and Swinley, I'd like to try Surrey Hills but have been told you need to know where you are going??? Any other recommendations??

I'm in Essex so looking 2 hours drive max, day trips only

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Generally people from our bunch out in SH every week, social pace and anyone is welcome.

FB link below if you do FB, otherwise message me.

There's also Aston Hill but the red is pretty short and all of it is nasty in the wet.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Some good stuff around Tunnel Hill, Caesars Camp and Minley as well, but none of it is marked, so best to go with people who know the routes.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Olympic XC course at Hadleigh Park near Canvey Island?
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Wooderson wrote:
    Olympic XC course at Hadleigh Park near Canvey Island?

I cycle there from my house, it's ok...sounds obvious but it is an Olympic track and it is hard work!! It's good for fitness as it's very up and down and gets the heart racing but prefer the longer trail riding, bit more relaxed.
  • Come on Nirvana Cycles ride on Sundays. 11am meet at the shop in Westcott and do roughly 4 hours around the best of the Surrey Hills. Very social ride, with a bit of everything thrown in.

Check the Facebook page for details