Eurosport Annual Subscription Offer

cycling_mike
cycling_mike Posts: 318
edited January 2017 in Pro race
Just a heads up to those that use Eurosport for their cycling viewing.

The current annual subscription is £19.99 if you subscribe by 31st Jan. Cheap at the price.... 8)

Comments

• Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    edited January 2017
    Great - just cancelled my £3.99/month "legacy" package in order to take this offer up, but the website seems to have a glitch (SUPRISE SUPRISE, EUROSPORT!) and when I click the £19.99 package and then proceed, the next page is a "£6.99/month pay now" page, seemingly with no option to take up the £19.99 offer.

Thanks a lot!

(EDIT: last comment was directed at Eurosport, not the OP!)
  • Secteur
    Does anyone have a contact address for Eurosport player?

There seems to be no obvious contact details on the website to contact them to try and sort this mess out?!

EDIT - found it (not obvious!)
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Pretty sure you can get Eurosport free over a fire stick with Kodi loaded on it. Not that I condone stealing television or anything
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,155
    I've been considering this, although I've got Eurosport already through Sky. Is there any extra coverage I'd get with Eurosport player?

I've seen mention of some races on before they go live which could be interesting but I need a bit more to justify it.
  • Secteur
    I have to say, at £3.99 it was just about worth it considering the constant freezing, missing races, occasional complete lack of commentary and most importantly the fact they pulled the app from Samsung TVs a few weeks after I bought 2 new Samsung TVs because they had the Eurosport app built in.

The ONLY reason I have stuck with Eurosport player for so long is because there's no other options (without complex arrangements to steal feeds, or to watch them in "foreign").

The service is utterly pants, and not worth any more than £3.99/month. If they refuse to reinstate that, I certainly won't pay £6.99/month.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Just bookmark the link to cyclinghub.tv and forego the ES subscription. Job done.
  • Secteur
    Joelsim wrote:
    Just bookmark the link to cyclinghub.tv and forego the ES subscription. Job done.

Is that not a paid service?

Does it have all/most the races?
  • joelsim
    Secteur wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Is that not a paid service?

Does it have all/most the races?

Yep, everything except for the TdF in fact, which is on ITV4 anyway. Not a paid service. It also has lots of races not on ES, but they're usually from Sporza or wherever.
  • Joelsim wrote:

Didn't it go AWOL half way through last season?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:

Didn't it go AWOL half way through last season?

There was a problem last year around the TdF, but I think it's been fixed.
  • Secteur
    Joelsim wrote:

Yep, everything except for the TdF in fact, which is on ITV4 anyway. Not a paid service. It also has lots of races not on ES, but they're usually from Sporza or wherever.

Wow... ok... seems too good to be true, but I'll check it out!
  • joelsim
    Secteur wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Wow... ok... seems too good to be true, but I'll check it out!

Nothing to check at the moment, website being updated.

Basically it's a couple of students who love cycling and stream all the bike channels for free. No annoying ads or dodgy stuff on there either. Pretty good IMO.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    I've recently lost Eurosport as it ended up being in the same Sky bundle as all the kids channels we no longer wanted so if this actually works I might get it. I like Eurosport for the winter sports as well as cycling so need more than cyclinghub.
  • Secteur
    Joelsim wrote:

Basically it's a couple of students who love cycling and stream all the bike channels for free.

Ok, well thanks for this! I have bookmarked them and found them on twitter - will see what comes of it when they put the website back up :-)

(Can't see that it's legal though?!)
  • Secteur
    Update, just messaged them (cyclinghub) on twitter and they replied to say they aren't doing it in 2017, but that other folk will be doing a similar service...
  • Just a heads up to those that use Eurosport for their cycling viewing.

The current annual subscription is £19.99 if you subscribe by 31st Jan. Cheap at the price.... 8)

Saw that a short while ago and forgot about it, thanks for the reminder

Just signed up with no problems.
  • joelsim
    Secteur wrote:
    Update, just messaged them (cyclinghub) on twitter and they replied to say they aren't doing it in 2017, but that other folk will be doing a similar service...

Oh that's not good.

I have Sky Player anyway, but will miss some of the smaller races I was able to watch.
  • richiegwy
    richiegwy Posts: 171
    I just went onto their site and don't see the offer, just the 6.99 euro per month. Is it only for UK residents?
  • joelsim
    Secteur wrote:

They're going a funny way about not doing it...

https://twitter.com/cyclinghubtv/status ... 0410698753