Eurosport TV schedule 2017

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited May 2017 in Pro race
Just been checking the 2017 schedule for viewing, not sure if it's been posted but here goes
http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/cale ... sult.shtml
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Surely they aren't showing all of those. At least not on British ES. That's an enormous amount of racing.

People think that racing is more boring now, not because it actually is, but because they see so much more of it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bianchimoon
    RichN95 wrote:
    Surely they aren't showing all of those. At least not on British ES. That's an enormous amount of racing.

People think that racing is more boring now, not because it actually is, but because they see so much more of it.
    the links on the various events show which are live, quiet a few looking at it, must admit i watch as i'm working on eurosport player and unless it's a mountain stage lose interest in the rolling till 5/10k to go
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Honestly, what do they expect me to do with myself on 10th and 14th April?
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Excellent post, thanks! Bookmarked!

Last year the Strade Bianchi coverage (via Eurosport Player App) had pictures only with no commentary at all, and no apology / explanation. Of course my tweets to Eurosport went ignored.

Hopefully coverage will be stable, with commentary and without constant freezing...
  • RichN95 wrote:

the links on the various events show which are live, quiet a few looking at it, must admit i watch as i'm working on eurosport player and unless it's a mountain stage lose interest in the rolling till 5/10k to go

Regardless of their "live" claim, a lot of those races don't have a live host broadcaster to take pictures from.
    So don't hold your breath.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Secteur wrote:

Last year the Strade Bianchi coverage (via Eurosport Player App) had pictures only with no commentary at all, and no apology / explanation. Of course my tweets to Eurosport went ignored..

They only need to apologise for that if it was Rob Hatch doing the commentary, in fairness.
  • joelsim
    BIKE will surely have a few too.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    It's just a schedule of events, rather than a schedule of TV coverage, isn't it? When they talk about following the races live I assume they mean via a ticker on their website.
  • bianchimoon
    thegibdog wrote:
    It's just a schedule of events, rather than a schedule of TV coverage, isn't it? When they talk about following the races live I assume they mean via a ticker on their website.
    Hmm, it's very ambiguous the way they have presented the listings, some events don't mention live coverage, whereas some do i.e. the one's we know that are definitely tour/giro etc on are presented in exactly the same way as some you wouldn't expect them to cover. Still any info is better than none. It's the only listings that i can find to plan ahead. If anyone has any updates i'd be keen to hear :)
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Don't worry, any coverage they do have will get cancelled at the last minute to allow the tennis to overplay anyway.
  • bianchimoon
    Secteur wrote:
    Don't worry, any coverage they do have will get cancelled at the last minute to allow the tennis to overplay anyway.
    Very skilful game apparently :wink:
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Secteur wrote:

Last year the Strade Bianchi coverage (via Eurosport Player App) had pictures only with no commentary at all, and no apology / explanation. Of course my tweets to Eurosport went ignored..

They only need to apologise for that if it was Rob Hatch doing the commentary, in fairness.

Better no commentary than Carlton "gibbering" Kirby.
  • As noted, it's not ES's listings. They don't have rights for some of them and soome of them won't be televised.

Afaik, as always, TDU will be on Sky.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Bike Channel have the UK coverage of the Tour Down Under.

http://tourdownunder.com.au/en/the-race ... =hootsuite
  • thegibdog wrote:
    Bike Channel have the UK coverage of the Tour Down Under.

http://tourdownunder.com.au/en/the-race ... =hootsuite

Good to hear, had a look in the schedule just now though and they're not (at this point as far as I can see anyway) showing it live. But highlights better than nothing and tbh I'd have recorded anyway!

This is what ES showed last year btw...

Cadel Evans Ocean Race: Liggett, Keenan & McEwan (international broadcast comms)
    Dubai Tour: Hatch & Smith
    Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana: Kirby & Stephens
    Tour of Oman (nightly highlights): Hatch (solo)
    Tour of Andalusia: Kirby & Stephens
    Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne: Kirby & Smith
    Le Samyn: Quigley & Smith
    Strade Bianche: Hatch & Smith
    Paris-Nice: Hatch & Kelly with Harris-Bass (first 6 days) and Quigley (weekend) (on location)
    Tirreno-Adriatico: Kirby & Stephens
    Nokere Koerse: Quigley & Gibb
    Handzame Classic: Stephens & Smith
    Milan-Sanremo: Stephens & Smith
    Tour of Catalunya: Kirby & Backstedt (stages 1-5), Gibb (stages 6 and 7)
    E3 Harelbeke: Quigley & Smith
    Criterium International: Quigley & Smith
    3 Days of De Panne: Kirby & Backstedt
    GP Miguel Indurain: Quigley & Smith
    Tour of Flanders: Kirby & Kelly with Quigley
    Basque Tour: Kirby & Backstedt
    Paris-Roubaix: Hatch & Kelly with Quigley (on location)
    Elite Series (all races): McCrossan & Stephens (British Cycling production)
    Amstel Gold Race: Quigley & Lloyd
    Tour of Croatia: Harris-Bass (stages 1-4), Quigley (stages 5 & 6) & Smith
    Fleche Wallonne: Quigley & Backstedt
    Tour of Turkey: Quigley & Gibb (stages 1, 6, 7 and 8), Backstedt (stages 2-5)
    Liege-Bastogne-Liege: Hatch & Kelly
    Tour de Yorkshire: Kirby & Stephens
    4 Days of Dunkirk: Kirby & Backstedt
    Tour of Azerbaijan: Kirby & Backstedt
    Giro d'Italia: Hatch & Kelly
    Tour of California: Kirby & Smith
    London Nocturne: Kirby & Stephens
    Criterium du Dauphine: Kirby & Stephens
    Velothon Wales: Kirby & Stephens (British Cycling production)
    Tour de Suisse: Quigley & Smith (on location)
    Route du Sud: Hatch & Backstedt
    UK Road TT Championships: Stephens & smith (British Cycling production)
    French Road Championships: Kirby & Smith
    UK Road Championships: Stephens & Backstedt
    Tour de France: Kirby & Kelly with Quigley (stage 1) and Harris-Bass (stages 2-)
    Tour of Austria: Quigley (solo)
    Tour de Wallonie: Stephens & Smith
    Clasica San Sebastian: Hatch & Lloyd
    Dwars door het Hageland: Quigley & Stephens
    Arctic Race of Norway: Hatch & Stephens
    Vuelta: Kirby & Backstedt (stages 1-2), Kelly (stages 3-21)
    EuroEyes Cyclassics: Hatch & Stephens
    Tour de l'Avenir: Hatch & Backstedt (stage 7) / Stephens (stage 8)
    Quebec GP: Stephens & Gibb
    Montreal GP: Stephens & Smith
    Wallonie GP: Kirby & Backstedt
    Primus Classic Impanis-Van Petegem: Quigley & Smith
    European Road Race Champs: Quigley & Smith
    Eneco Tour: Kirby & Smith
    Tre Valli Varesine: Hatch & Backstedt
    Milan-Torino: Kirby & Smith
    Il Lombardia: Kirby & Smith
    Tour de l'Eurométropole: Quigley & Lloyd
    Tour of Almaty: Quigley (solo)
    Binche-Chimay-Binche: Hatch & Backstedt
    Paris-Tours: Stephens (& Graham Jones - credited but Stephens did this solo)
    World Championships Womens & Mens TTT: Kirby & Hannah Walker
    World Championships U23 ITT: Kirby & Backstedt
    World Championships Womens ITT: Kirby & Walker
    World Championships Mens ITT: Kirby & Backstedt
    World Championships U23 Road Race: tbc (was this shown?)
    World Championships Womens Road Race: Kirby & Walker
    World Championships Mens Road Race: Kirby & Stephens
    Abu Dhabi Tour: Hatch & Stephens
    Tour of Hainan: Quigley & Backstedt
    Saitana Criterium: Hatch & Stephens
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Thanks argyll, always enjoyed this post ^
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Thanks argyll, always enjoyed this post ^

No problem - a 'live' version of it appears throughout the season on the Cycling News forum:
    http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14489 - we're on page 124 (on my settings) just now..!

Just further to my TDU post earlier, highlights are at 3pm on BIKE UK starting on Tuesday.
  • ^award to argyllflyer for services to BR
  • Can we make this our official "Bikes on TV" thread?

Race name, date, time & channel should suffice, no?

i.e. Live: People's Choice Classic, Sunday 15/1/17 0845 Bike Channel
  • Can we make this our official "Bikes on TV" thread?

Race name, date, time & channel should suffice, no?

i.e. Live: People's Choice Classic, Sunday 15/1/17 0845 Bike Channel

Yet, from their current adverts, it looks like highlights only for the TDU. :? :(
  • Eurosport get off and running with Dubai Tour (live), Vuelta a Valencia (live) and Herald Sun Tour (highlights).
  • joelsim
    Eurosport get off and running with Dubai Tour (live), Vuelta a Valencia (live) and Herald Sun Tour (highlights).

At long last, some cycling on TV that isn't on in the middle of the night.
  • However, it seems no Cadel Evans Ocean Classic this weekend, even though they hold the rights and showed it last year.
  • joelsim
    However, it seems no Cadel Evans Ocean Classic this weekend, even though they hold the rights and showed it last year.

Live on ES Player, so there'll be a feed somewhere.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    However, it seems no Cadel Evans Ocean Classic this weekend, even though they hold the rights and showed it last year.

Live on ES Player, so there'll be a feed somewhere.

"Live" being the operative word.
    If I was home, I wouldn't be getting to watch and I'm not.
    Had a look on the player earlier, as the race website said it was on, but I couldn't find anything.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    If you rely on Sky for your ES fix then unless someone backs down then you might have to find some other way of watching it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/01/25/discovery-goes-war-sky-channel-fees-blackout-threat/
  • As it stands Sky (tv) & NOWTV customers will no longer get Eurosport from 1st Feb. (The Discovery package of channels, which includes the Eurosport channels, is going from the service.

Oops! Beaten to it!
  • As it stands Sky (tv) & NOWTV customers will no longer get Eurosport from 1st Feb. (The Discovery package of channels, which includes the Eurosport channels, is going from the service.

Oops! Beaten to it!

Had an email tonight to say their prices are going up, too.
    They lose Eurosport, they lose me.
  • joelsim
    As it stands Sky (tv) & NOWTV customers will no longer get Eurosport from 1st Feb. (The Discovery package of channels, which includes the Eurosport channels, is going from the service.

Oops! Beaten to it!

Me too.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Joelsim wrote:
    As it stands Sky (tv) & NOWTV customers will no longer get Eurosport from 1st Feb. (The Discovery package of channels, which includes the Eurosport channels, is going from the service.

Oops! Beaten to it!

Me too.

yep me thrice, I dont get why Sky are forcing this, they arent Tesco v Unilever on this if the Premier league rights cost so much, well 1) dont pay so much for them next time,or maybe 2) bump the prices up for the people watching to pay for the football. Ill accept its eye wateringly expensive already, but maybe these billion pound sports deals arent worth half as much as Sky keeps paying for them if the sports subscription model doesnt pay for them.

take away channels like Eurosport that I watch and value alot, and bump my subscription up because I happen to have been a customer for a long time, is the quickest way to route me towards the cancellation hotline.