Suntour Raidon RS9 Lo rear shock..

snakey_75
snakey_75 Posts: 33
edited January 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys, need some help please...
I have the above shock on my Focus Superbud Expert, thought I'd have a go at topping up the air in it to stiffen up the rear... When I connected the valve to the shock, it let all the air out and fully compressed itself, tried pumping it back up but no joy cannot seem to fill/expand the shock.
Has anyone got experience with these/can someone point me in the direction of a service manual?
Cheers, much appreciated!!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So what exactly happens when you try and pump it up?

Attaching a pump shouldn't let all the air out so it suggests the issue is with the pump and not the shock?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • When filling, the hose pressurizes, not the shock, the shock is not filling... The valve on the pump does not fit due to restrictions, I have an adapter to compensate for this, unfortunately I screwed the adapter to the shock before attaching the pump, therefore letting the air out, hope this helps..
  • The Rookie
    So at worst it's a valve issue, buy a new HP valve and remove the current one and replace.

But I'd still be looking at the pump/adaptor, try and get a pump that fits for starters!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I have a HP pump for my air rifle fills up to 300bar (shock is up to 300 psi) have an adapter to fit this, no issues with equipment, just shock seems to have compressed shut somehow?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why an adapter? AFAIK it's a standard Schrader valve fitting, and any shock pump should work.

If you're using something else get the right pump first.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    It's possible that air has managed to leak past the seal and is now forcing it fully compressed, but even then any decent pump will put air in and force it open. For £16-20 for a pump it's the obvious first step.
  • Cheers for help guys... Problem solved, shock cream crackered!... New Suntour Epixon Lod purchased for £120.