Pinnacle Arkose single speed

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited December 2016 in Your road bikes
Picked up last Friday, couple of muddy rides since (forgive the crud catcher, and chain needs re-tensioning!)
image_zpswen95nse.jpeg

Size medium.
17t now swapped out to 16t
TRP Hylex hydraulic brakes (fab)
Bars to be changed to Salsa Cowbells (prefer the wider flare)
WTB Nano 40mm tyres to be swapped out for Challenge Gravel Grinder 38mm

Wasn't sure of the paint job, but the matt khaki with "flouro and black splash" has grown on me - probably less attractive to thieves and can't distinguish between the mud and the paintwork!

image_zpssocvu5hm.jpeg
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• That a paint job and not just a filthy bike?
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    That's pretty cool. Very late 80s Kona.

I'm impressed with the latest Pinnacle bikes. They're doing some good stuff.
  • luv2ride
    Still really enjoying this, mixing it up with my normal road riding. Just fitted new tubeless 40mm WTB Nano tyres on some Kinesis CX disc wheels (converted with a VeloSolo spacer kit) - much lighter than stock wheels. 35 miles out to Avebury and back, mainly along gravel tracks. Brilliant at a touch over 30 psi :)
    image_zpsp2ie4qqi.jpeg
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    BUMP !!!!

this is on my list of potential bikes to scratch the SS CX itch

How is the bike working out for you EBB still working well ... made any changes that you didn't like on the original ie wheels or anything ?
  • luv2ride
    20161230_193928_zps5nplqesi.jpg
    Particularly muddy ride today, managed to forget to fit the cruds or wear my waterproof shorts :?

Now fitted with 39t chainring, lizard skins bar tape (the flouro ends pick out the flouro paint splashes on the frame, although they're obscured by mud in the picture), and Blackburn frame bag....