Dark days maybe around the corner!

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
So, there we were enjoying the firms annual Christmas lunch, well I thought you workers can't have all the fun, when Mrs T starts hedging around a question, I always start to worry if the other half of 30+ years feels the need to prevaricate, mind rapidly sorting the most unlikely scenarios, make up your own weird ideas here, when she decides to just blurt it out... "we need two more bicycles"...at this point my beer is joining my traditional Christmas fare of paneer tika masala...to keep at the country estate...and they need to be offroadymountainbikethingies"...WTF

The dark side! :shock:

So I said "29ers", it was the sum total of all I could muster and the sum total of what I had heard these things referred to on bits of a forum I accidentally stumbled into once :D

Oh well suppose I will have to go along with t'other half and buy a couple of these thingies, it would seem rude not to :D

Anything I need to be aware of, bike wise I mean, or could this be a trap...
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    How about a couple of cyclocross bikes instead?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,550
    are you certain she hasn't been replaced by an alien pod thing? or become unhinged after exposure to trump-oriented tv news?

with her having been the recipient of the lovely imholz, it's hard to understand such deviance
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    How about retro mtbs? I have a Giant Cadex or similar?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,346
    There are a few courses of action here.

One is Exorcism (if you can find an Exorcist for less than 20 Euro's per hour). Cheaper Witch Doctors are available in some parts of Africa but make sure they have the proper accreditation and paperwork.
    Another involves medication and electric shock treatment.
    The last is therapy.

If you are not prepared to commit to the above, it will be an uphill struggle and life might not ever be the same again. I am so sorry this has happened to you T47 and I can only offer my deepest sympathy. When she starts mentioning flappity shorts and starts speaking in terms of 'meh' and 'gnarly runs', this is the point of no return. It's so very sad when someone contracts these symptoms and worse, such behaviour attracts some very odd, strange people of similar ilk.
    I wish you luck T47 and if you need some starter cables and a decent 80 amps per hour battery, just let me know.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    I wish you luck T47 and if you need some starter cables and a decent 80 amps per hour battery, just let me know.

So you don't have to pedal them up hill then, I thought as much, I have heard about uplifts in transits etc, do you have a hub motor, I think 48v should do it? What does Stevo use? :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo uses a LWB Ford Transit.

I thought perhaps a mini ski lift set up that grabs the bike and person together.

The starter cables were for use on Mrs T47.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,501
    Hehe, this long distance mind control thing is good fun :)

Bad news if you're a miserable git Mr. T as these things are - say it quietly - good fun. Difficult concept for some roadies I know but I am available to give you some advice on this strange fun thing :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

But being delusional is funnier. Keep it up Stevo, the TV is carp at the mo.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It is. I'm up North with SKY on tap and reduced to having celebrity Robot Wars with Robbie Savage on the box FFS.

T47 need not fear, I know people in their 60's who go to Bike Park Wales. He'll kick himself when he realises what he's been missing, but at least there's hope for him yet, unlike some miserable tw@ts :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It is. I'm up North with SKY on tap and reduced to having celebrity Robot Wars with Robbie Savage on the box FFS.

T47 need not fear, I know people in their 60's who go to Bike Park Wales. He'll kick himself when he realises what he's been missing, but at least there's hope for him yet, unlike some miserable tw@ts :wink:

Dark side is the fun side
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Dark side is the fun side
    @ Pinno - listen to the cycling Yoda, you will.
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    The starter cables were for use on Mrs T47.

I was well aware that the jump leads were for connecting to mrs T, how do you think I get started in the morning?

@Stevo, don't tell the others but I had a mountain bike back in my late 40's :D
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm actually an MTB instructor and take great pleasure in burning people off on my mint 1990s Marin Indian Fire Trail hardtail when they are on their modern stuff.

Only burn them off if they are being cocky otherwise you're just a crap instructor as you won't actually be instructing just being a club cyclist.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    @Stevo, don't tell the others but I had a mountain bike back in my late 40's :D
    You've gone up in my estimation but down in others :)