Cycling Weekly

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited December 2016 in The cake stop
Great magazine but why does it have so many ads on its website that have nothing to do with cycling ????

The type being :- " the cameraman didn't know what to expect next ""

Really bloody annoying !!

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    There is a thread for trivial stuff like this.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That's very kind of you to point that out

I shall endeavour to locate said thread and in the meantime I shall wrap my self in sack cloth and ashes as a way of punishment for posting incorrectly

:D
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    That's very kind of you to point that out

I shall endeavour to locate said thread and in the meantime I shall wrap my self in sack cloth and ashes as a way of punishment for posting incorrectly

:D

Don't be too harsh on yourself. :wink:
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Ads, Paywall, pay for paper copy. Pick one.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I fully accept a bit of advertising as an essential part of getting free content...but those Outbrain adverts seem to be taking over the entire web. However, I still think the worst bit about CW online is the autostart vid clips that kick off when you are not expecting it, I am often left scrabbling around thinking "Where on earth is that bloody annoying noise coming from...?".
  • It is just incompetence. They have a highly targeted young affluent male audience in the U.K. Who spend too much money on cycling.

I would expect a 6th form student to make a better job of monetising this website
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    I hate when the site is laggy as a result of the ads and you end up unintentionally opening one. It's as if they are designed that way. The most annoying titles are 'how [insert name of a supposed celeb you've never heard of] looks now is literally jaw dropping'.