thursday right in the face

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

no mince pies today, going to try savoury snacks, thinking maybe korean meal for dinner, with several kinds of kimchi
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, miserable foggy,frosty and very slippery just-been out with the dog, so another hour on the trainer today.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Cold 8 miles run to pick up the car

Then a few jobs before lunch out with the father in law, hopefully get back in time to play with my chainsaw

As it's the holidays, I'm sure we will be out later
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Tired and hungover. Curled up on couch with Bambini watching Team Titans.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    central london has black ice on both pavement and roads this morning, slippy walk to and from the gym

cafe next
  • Matthewfalle
    First litre of electrolyte drink finished and now on pint of coffee.

Team Titans still going strong.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Have unparalleled need for Findus crispy pancakes. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Findus crispy pancakes.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Long trek North this afternoon - let's hope the roads have defrosted by then.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • "temperatures will be getting more mild"

Are they f**k!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Roads here are very frosty underfoot but the tyres grip well. WFH today but may do a half hour ride at lunch time to end the cabin fever.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Chilly out there. Just took the girl to see the paediatrician at the hospital this morning, he's very pleased with her progress. Will still be a long haul but very much heading in the right direction now.
    Not much planned for today, could do a spot of DIY, could go out for a bit, could just hide. One thing is for certain, pub later.
  • Was going for 20 mile(ish) ride but thought better of it..........
    Icy out and I know when it is dangerous!
    What a load of tosh..... Health Officials are warning us it is going to be cold. This is specifically aimed at older people.
    I know when it is cold I don't need some idiot to tell me.
    Come on if you are really old you have lived through the big freezes of 1947 and 1963(google them to see what they were like).
    I don't need to be told to wrap up warm when it is cold.... I've kind of worked that out over the years.............
    Nanny State My A***!
  • Is it cold down south? 8C here in the Highlands.

I do most of my riding in winter :wink::D
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • oxoman wrote:
    Coffee, then cinema with family and hospital later for pre op before surgery again next week. May go for night ride later with youngest if he's up for it.

WTF???
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Is it cold down south? 8C here in the Highlands.

I guess you have to given that's hotter than summer up there :)

Update, just booked summer holiday to Trumpland. Had a pile of spare air miles so will be turning left on the plane 8) Might not stop the whining though...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Is it cold down south? 8C here in the Highlands.

I guess you have to given that's hotter than summer up there :)

Well, you have a point - tomorrow we're in double figures - that could well be summer!

Dunno what it is about winter - it was 6 or 7 years ago that I suddenly decided I should commute by bike to work. 50k round trip mostly on back roads. So I bought myself an ex-demo Focus 105 Variado half price from Wiggle for Xmas and waited for the snow to clear. I wasn't patient enough and fell off on ice a mile into my first ride. Undeterred, I put Ice Spikers on my 10 year old Kona MTB and started commuting in the Highlands in January. Tyres were great though the (cable V-) brakes both froze one morning causing some excitement. Being effectively winter (potential ice on the roads) from November through to April, unless you'll ride in it, you'll never ride. Also, where I live can be as much as 4C colder than Inverness itself.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Matthewfalle
    No crispy pancakes in any of the local supermarkets.

I must make a note to live somewhere less middle class next time I'm hungover like a dog.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    are there no crêpes suzette?
  • Matthewfalle
    I find they don't go as well with Super Noodles. It's like class war on a plate.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Slightly chilly S Easterly but sun and hardly a cloud in sight. What a lovely ride all be it as slow as a one legged centurion.
    Might be my last ride of 2016.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    I find they don't go as well with Super Noodles. It's like class war on a plate.

You need to get "itsu" the posh super-noodles/pot noodle. Available form the "posh trash" isle in Waitrose.