'ning

a nippy one again

gym, cafe, office, see what the rest of the world has been up to
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    looks cold out there

finish off some quick work bits, mountain biking, then out for a meal with the family

Should really do some jobs around the house but, oh well
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Another Turkey burner of a ride this morning to my favourite cafe for the best commercial espresso I've tasted.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, white over and slippery outside, I hope it disappears soon, yesterday ride was spoilt with slippery country roads , I was nearly off once
    Have a good day
  • Iced up outside, riding though and ending up where I left my truck last night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    It's nippy out here as well - at least the Eastern European blokes who washed my car said so. We're off to the brother in laws over in Windsor later for lots of food - unfortunately I'm driving...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Went for a brief ride along the Basingstoke Canal this morning, lots of frozen puddles and patches of fog in places. Looked and felt wondeful. I stopped to take a seasonal pic for FB and noticed white fluff on my sleeves, looked closer and it was frost. It was also on the fingers of my gloves - this was after 10 mins riding.

Anyway, back at work for a few days, so must get on. I even have a mini-deadline today!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Just catching up on laundry, lounging around with toots and building a Lego house.

Later pick OH up from work than it's only 3 shifts to go for her before the long and inappropriately scheduled break.

Ho hum.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning all, at least I think it's still morning. Feel better than I have done the last few days, my lungs appear to be happy staying where they are at last. Only the occasional cough now. Might brace a small ride later, I'll need refreshment of course so could stop at some form of hostelry. There's a thought.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Bike related activity so far today has involved getting the family 2 year old twins out on their Chrissie pressie Strider balance bikes, wearing their won't take them off helmets. Start 'em young.

Last of the festive reveller guests has finally departed, so para mi es un turbo session later on followed by peace and quiet.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    very quiet day, chance to clear up some admin stuff

just had my second mince pie and double espresso, think i may bail out soon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Warmer today, cant wait for Spring.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    No work till 2017 hurray.

Is that because the NHS can't afford to pay you for the overtime over the new year and employ some Philippino agency staff instead?
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    No, saved holiday and wouldn't dream of working for the NHS. Sadly they are underrated, underpaid at hands on level and mostly led by morons. I work for global mega Corp that pretty much supplies everything you might want to eat or drink. Either way you paid my wages. Sadly back to work on first day of 2017.

Oh well, I have no sympathy for anything you do or the hours you work. In fact, i'll have you shot just for a laugh. :wink: