TMARS dropper post (with video review)

LimitedGarry
LimitedGarry Posts: 400
edited December 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
In case you're like me and get yourself a bunch of Christmas goodies AFTER Christmas, as a mountain biker, a dropper seat post might be very high on your "do want" list. However, most of us are deterred by the price and for a lot of XC riders, poor selection of 27,2mm dropper posts is an issue as well.
But no worries, TMARS comes to the rescue with their mechanical dropper post which, to my great surprise, also comes in 27,2mm. Go ahead and check it out!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TMARS-Remote-Adjustable-Seatpost-27-2-31-6X425mm-Black-New-in-Box-moutain-bike/2028151873.html?scm=1007.13482.37805.0&pvid=19ddca22-a33d-4895-9e36-c5b5f8892fdc&tpp=1

I could write volumes about how this seatpost performs, but I'll let this extensive video review do it for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oyfAAX0S0A

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's cheap for a reason. Lacks the reliability and quality of the Rockshox, Fox, Marzocchi etc posts.
    Fairly sure you wouldn't be able to get spares or service parts either.
    It does a job though but it's certainly not a top quality item.
    I believe it's available labeled as various different brands. They've been around for years.
  • I posted this as a gag. I saw this on Ali and thought "that can't be any good". Then I watched the video and nearly died laughing. I mean, just the sound the thing makes - it's as if you had a loaded gun instead of a seat and could fire it at any time you feel like your ride isn't painful enough.

On a more serious note, it's cheap compared to functional dropper posts, but it's still plenty of money, especially spent on something that's not very functional and potentially dangerous. I've seen other videos where these things just break in half during normal use. There's plenty better things to spend that kind of money on; a tire, chains, cassette, tools...
  • doomanic
    doomanic Posts: 238
    There's plenty better things to spend that kind of money on; a tire, chains, cassette, tools...
    Bacon...