Monday is Boxing Day, is everybody happy?

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,939
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
The morning after the day before, even if it is ridiculously early and cheating a bit.. :mrgreen:

Off to bed for me.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• Mid afternoon here already, a delightful 29 deg C, light breeze and not a cloud to be seen. So far it's been particularly relaxing alternating between lounging about on the outdoor sofa by the pool with coffee and book, or floating about the pool on the christmas pressie, occasionally falling in to cool off.

Not found a need to put any clothes on yet for the day. There's a nice mental image for you. :lol:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

ride, more cafe stops, veg out

is it really monday? feels more like february
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning

time with the kids, decent run, a few jobs, get ready for a bbq later, drink
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Blowing a veritable gale here for the 3rd or 4th day on the run, so no cycling again today - just not worth the risk. It's roof slate rattlingly windy. Will have to do another run in stead, but the knees are suffering and frankly I'm gagging to pedal.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I was watching "Great Expectations" last night, and posted when it finished.

Up and about now. Might go for a short ride if the weather keeps dry. Bloody hell I feel full.

The older I get, the better I was.

• 30 miles before breakfast... A bit breezy and first time out for a month due to sinus infection.

A
    Alistair

Best Weather Bike - Time ZXRS
    Summer Road Bike - Pinarello FPX Dogma
    Winter Road Bike- Colnago E1
    Being Dismantled - Sintesi Blade
    Mountain Bike - Sold them all....
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Well that's all over for another year, blowing a gale here so it will be the trainer again, the weather looks good for the rest of the week though although colder, so hopefully I will be able to get out on the road
    Have a good day , what ever your doing
  • Bizarre weather: Xmas Eve out on the MTB in snow. Yesterday nearly 13C but cycling into the Black Isle village yesterday up a gentle slope I was in bottom gear such was the mental wind. Then, by last night it was 1C and horizontal snow again.

So we did have a white Xmas as well as 13C - I doubt that's very common.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being had, second cup of tea has been drunk. No shortage of things to go with it. Still got a stinking cough and cold so doubt I'll be doing much today. Need to get my new CD player hooked up and work out what the other stuff it does means. Might need teenagers to translate.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    10k row
    Weights
    Zwift
    Breakfast.

now play with kiddy all day
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    No , not happy
    working !!
  • Morning,

Had to abandon my second club ride in a week, only managed ten miles this morning in total. It was the fast boys taking it easy as well. Couldn't even manage a slow loop even after leaving them. Not alcohol related either.

In laws arriving from Norfolk later but I actually really like their company. Not sure what to do with myself now as was expecting to be out of the house for at least four hours (not all of that riding obviously as we are a pub based club)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    OK so far but we're off to a cemetery this afternoon - the joys. At least there not much else on as no relatives involved until Wednesday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Secteur wrote:
    ...I'm gagging to pedal.

That makes two of us. The weather forecast last week indicated that Barbara will have blown out and it was to be calm. In the words of Shafernacker "Once Barbara has shifted away from the United Kingdom, then well... [shrugs shoulders] back to calm on boxing day". So who da f*ck is responsible for neglecting to mention Connor?

Didn't pig out yesterday. In fact apart from the roast and one small slice of Christmas cake, I ate fruit and some toast.No alcohol whatsoever and feeling smug and healthy but that is partly due to ferrying OH to work and back.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    A turkey burning ride this morning. Never having been blown by a Barbara it would have been rude to turn the opportunity down and gets me out of the house which is full of out laws and others.

Still a spicy home made soup for lunch, courtesy of my better half and a turkey curry for later which has been fermenting since yesterday
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Bit too windy for a ride, so the car got an overdue service. Oil and filter, air filter, plugs and coolant change. Took me an hour, which is a lot less than I'll be spending doing the bike tomorrow - full strip down, clean, adjust etc
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Sorted out the garage, weights session, sorted front end on race motorbike ready for final build for Easter sprints, bit of tidying up, now will have something to eat before weights session and watching movie with The Hound, Bambini, TDV and The Brother.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being had, second cup of tea has been drunk. No shortage of things to go with it. Still got a stinking cough and cold so doubt I'll be doing much today. Need to get my new CD player hooked up and work out what the other stuff it does means. Might need teenagers to translate.

What cd player did you get (please don't say an Arcam cds27)?
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Morning,

Had to abandon my second club ride in a week, only managed ten miles this morning in total. It was the fast boys taking it easy as well. Couldn't even manage a slow loop even after leaving them. Not alcohol related either.

In laws arriving from Norfolk later but I actually really like their company. Not sure what to do with myself now as was expecting to be out of the house for at least four hours (not all of that riding obviously as we are a pub based club)

Fast boys on club run. Bet they're a bundle of laughs........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.