saturday night in the city of the dead

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,515
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

'twas the morning before crimbo and all through the house, not a creature was stirring except me getting ready to go for a ride

cafes, mince pies, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale here , looks like another hour on the trainer
    Hope you all have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Tired but being up early meant I managed to wrap the presents for the wife

When the family all surface it's off to town to buy more junk and a nice meal out

Later is the annual visit to church and then to some friends for a party, looks like I'm driving :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    OMG, how do i get through today unscathed with hyper kids...?

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    OMG, how do i get through today unscathed with hyper kids...?

Update later.

Please let me know the answer
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Drink lots, it doesn't help but you won't care.
    Traditional slow start has been had. Not got much to do today, drinks with friends later, probably see my sister. Did I mention my brother in law is an arsehole? Must try not to punch him again it's not conducive to the festive spirit.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    soggy roads and windycold, not many people out riding

free choc with my espresso at cafe nero :)

the great shutdown has started, london getting quieter

waitrose soon, in the hope there's some crusty bread left to go with mrs sungod's brie and my époisses de bourgogne, need to finish them before they get any squidgier or they'll escape from the fridge themselves
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Drink lots, it doesn't help but you won't care.
    Traditional slow start has been had. Not got much to do today, drinks with friends later, probably see my sister. Did I mention my brother in law is an arsehole? Must try not to punch him again it's not conducive to the festive spirit.

'again' ? Well done that man.

Went swimming. What a great day to go swimming, it was quiet whilst the madding crowd are becoming increasingly maddening. I think the entire population of the UK should spend 6 months in Africa.
    I shall be popping in to town for purely observational purposes whilst toots go to the Grandma from hell. I might partake in Coffee and cake whilst observing...

More updates later.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think the entire population of the UK should spend 6 months in Africa.

I thought that the entire population of Africa was coming to the UK - nice touch of altruism there in that we do not have to trouble ourselves with the journey that you've proposed.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    sungod wrote:
    waitrose soon, in the hope there's some crusty bread left to go with mrs sungod's brie and my époisses de bourgogne, need to finish them before they get any squidgier or they'll escape from the fridge themselves
    Just been, there's not a lot left in some sections but I did manage to bag myself a nice Chablis and a block of Stilton.

Now off to Pets at Home as the girls have decided that the hound needs a pressie. Here's me thinking a big stick would do... :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Just a bit of sorting out today, no riding as it's blowy as hell and time is short.

MrsHD has a stupid idea that we're not drinking tonight. I'll show her...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Just a bit of sorting out today, no riding as it's blowy as hell and time is short.

That's just weird.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    FishFish wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think the entire population of the UK should spend 6 months in Africa.

I thought that the entire population of Africa was coming to the UK - nice touch of altruism there in that we do not have to trouble ourselves with the journey that you've proposed.

Nothing altruistic in there. few people (a lot really) need to experience poverty, real problems, disease, terrible roads, over-flowing or non existent sewerage/telephone connections/public transport etc and then maybe they wouldn't hammer around the supermarkets with their trolleys buying everything in sight and running you over in the process loosing their heads. 'Season of goodwill'? pah.

I made vegetable soup. Later, cream of vegetable soup.

Funny that, I was nearly killed buying a bottle of Chablis today.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Damn, missed again.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Damn, missed again.

I must congratulate you on your tranny outfit. I couldn't tell it was you.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just a bit of sorting out today, no riding as it's blowy as hell and time is short.

That's just weird.

Beyond odd