friday in the early universe

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, shopping, could be a quiet day, but globalmegacorp never sleeps, anything could happen in the next half-hour etc.

last night cleats on new shoes, need to try to have a ride to check if they need moulding before the long crimbo rides
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    In the office for the morning, took the car as I have a few bottles to take back with me, closing at 1 today so only a short day. Can't drink unfortunately as I have to do an airport run later. Just need to make sure I accidentally leave the brother in law at the airport.
    Just had a someone call and ask if I could quote for all the parts he'd need to rebuild a TR6 or should he make a list. Is it April Fools Day? Roll on home time...
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning all.

Finally the last day of work, boss is usually pretty good to me and gives me a bit of xmas bonus money + whatever holiday I didn't take during the year instead of the hamper everyone else gets instead, works for me. If it's a decent amount I may just use it for something nice for a change instead of normal things like food lol, had my eye on a gopro so you never know might go towards that. Heard on the grapevine it may be an early clock out too which means final checks on the steed this PM before starting the push for the festive 500 tomorrow (if my knee holds out that is).
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    First one in the office today.
    Finishing early but not sure when. Might take a detour via one of the bike shops on the way home and get myself a Christmas present.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sooo tired. Rubbish night. Going to drink 50 liters of coffee to keep me going until I get some P & Q at about 10 tonight.

Did someone mention coffee?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Working from home today as no point going in when there are no minions in to boss around :) Normally people are told they can push off after lunch on the last day before Xmas but as I'm not in I'll just have to stop at some point when I feel like it. Time for a coffee while the rest of the household snoozes...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Working from home today as no point going in when there are no minions in to boss around :) Normally people are told they can push off after lunch on the last day before Xmas but as I'm not in I'll just have to stop at some point when I feel like it. Time for a coffee while the rest of the household snoozes...
    Have you stopped yet?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Have you stopped yet?
    Not yet - need to authorise a few cash transfers so need to wait for lazy minions to send them over.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Just back having sorted the final food bits. Breakfast and then off to Telford for a couple of presents.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Behind the desk today too, I say desk but I really mean The Wrapping StationTM.

Bought mince pies for the shop floor lot, off to give blood at 12.30, back into the works to chop some fire wood for the holls then off to the pub for a few before everyone piles back to ours later on.

Also had a bumper week of orders which isn't bad considering this is usually one of the quietest weeks of the year!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    delightfully quiet so far

gym, swapped a few merry emails with a dutch colleague, been to waitrose, been to cafe

part of our cloud demo infrastructure is security video, so i can check the london office, just turned on the motion search to see what's happening, aside from the security guard only three people there, clearly a major skive in progress :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • I've* just ruined the local gypo's christmas by bringing about 12 tonnes of steel inside for the shutdown.

*minions did it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    I've* just ruined the local gypo's christmas by bringing about 12 tonnes of steel inside for the shutdown.

*minions did it.
    Minions are for Christmas, not for life. They certainly save me doing anything much for the next 10 days or so.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Barbara is blowing like a 1000 dollar Hooker. Good luck Luke.

Need to do 1 or 2 last minute things for Christmas then it's couch potato time. Might rope in swimming for toots 'cos if they do anything outside, I might have to contact the British Embassy in Oslo.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Still tired. Apart from bickering on the roof rack thread as they don't seem to understand I'm too tired to do anything useful I intend to do bugger all. Plus ca change.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tired and in the wrong offices as they are too far from home

Offered to buy the minions bacon sandwiches and even went to get them, as it gave me an opportunity to buy the wife's Christmas present

Later is pub
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    TLW1 wrote:

Offered to buy the minions bacon sandwiches and even went to get them, as it gave me an opportunity to buy the wife's Christmas present

A bacon sandwich?...the lucky lady :lol::wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • tlw1
    City Boy wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

She will get a sausage one :)
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    That's that. Downing tools for the festive period.

Have a good one all!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Survived Barbara and the Irish channel. Although the boy child threw up all over me.

Have been awake since 7am yesterday.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Special deal on chipolatas?
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Cumberland Ring! :shock:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

With mustard?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

With mustard?

Ketchup.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

With mustard?

Ketchup.

Brown sauce
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    picolax
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Finished at 3 today. No more work till the 3rd jan offically. Drove up to merseyside barbara was blowing. She didn't blow me though i was in car. At the mother in laws now. At least we get to leave erika with nan tommorrow night and me and the missus get to see rouge one. The force is with us.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.