Crystal Palace WTF?

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
Am I missing something here.

Pardew gets sacked for being rubbish at his job so he gets a (wait for it) £4.8 million (yup, £4.8 million) pay off.

And who's the bookies favourite to take over: Sam Allardice. Yup the guy who was sacked for the England job for being massively corrupt.

I really am missing the point here, aren't I? Please can someone tell me if the lunatics really are running the asylum.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    They are a premier league club. They have moeny to burn.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    mrfpb wrote:
    They are a premier league club. They have Sky subscribing, Leave voting numbnuts' money to burn.
    FTFY
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The compensation is nothing these days. But what is astonishing is why the board of a decent team would employ Allardyce.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • He got the payoff because they gave him a new contract in the summer purely on the back of a decent FA cup run, they were in freefall down the league table for the 2nd half of last season but for some reason the board overlooked that.

Allardyce likely gets employed because a) Palace aren't a decent team and b) he's very effective at coaching teams at the level they are at.
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:
    The compensation is nothing these days. But what is astonishing is why the board of a decent team would employ Allardyce.

I think it's the latter point that I find shocking/surprising.

It's a bit like employing the Hatton Garden blaggers to look after your safety deposit boxes: you're just going to end up embarrassed when they do something utterly corrupt but it's so obvious they're going to do it.

What do you actually have to do in football to feck up so badly you can't get another managerial job/job per se (even Chen bloody Evans is playing again ffs.....)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    More like Crystal Palace WGAF.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    More like Crystal Palace WGAF.

WGAF?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Who Gives A....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Crystal who? Wasn't that the place that they used to hold all the big trade fairs in the early 1900s until it burnt down. Or was that the other place?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Mr Goo wrote:

It's a bit like employing the Hatton Garden blaggers to look after your safety deposit boxes: you're just going to end up embarrassed when they do something utterly corrupt but it's so obvious they're going to do it.

What do you actually have to do in football to feck up so badly you can't get another managerial job/job per se (even Chen bloody Evans is playing again ffs.....)
    I think you'll find Ched Evans was found not guilty at his re-trial.
    He may be a man of low moral standards but he is not a rapist. So why should he not be playing football?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    Crystal who? Wasn't that the place that they used to hold all the big trade fairs in the early 1900s until it burnt down. Or was that the other place?

Right place, wrong year. It was 2011 when they burnt the place down. Again it seems.

The pay off is ridiculous though. I know it was contractual, but even so.

Big Sam has never been relegated. I can see that he might improve team spirit there but sooner or later, he's going down. Pardew free to take over at Real Madrid now.

:lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:

I think you'll find Ched Evans was found not guilty at his re-trial.
    He may be a man of low moral standards but he is not a rapist. So why should he not be playing football?

I think the legal ruling at the time wa stag although the jury found him of guilty of the rape it doesn't actually mean that he didn't do it............

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Motogull wrote:
    Big Sam has never been relegated. I can see that he might improve team spirit there but sooner or later, he's going down. Pardew free to take over at Real Madrid now.

:lol:
    Pardew for Arsenal! :D
  • Stevo_666
    Let's sing Palace a song to cheer them up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75oCdhpenc8
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Pardew will be at Swansea by Feb, just cannot see Bob Bradley lasting much longer. Strange appointment in the first place.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Re Sam wasn't the reson he was sacked was that he knew how to do the crime and would advise but hadn't actually done it. I may be wrong and usually am.
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Let's sing Palace a song to cheer them up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75oCdhpenc8

Well, as its the season of goodwill.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKOS23YSLCk