wednesday a scanner darkly

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

early webex with middle eastern peeps, cafe, shop, wfh, early finish for a lazy afternoon then off for dinner at berkeley square, btw that song is nonsense, never once heard a nightingale there
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Up early again, meant to be studying (tube and needle thoracentesis) but to be frank, I'm incredibly bored.

Will take Bambini and The Hound out in a bit then finish some Xmas shopping, weights sesh, set up the turbo trainer and that's it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning

Finally got my money returned from the Halifax so can finally stop living like a pauper on canned food and cereal! New bar tape put on the faithful steed which is lurrrrrvely although started to feel a niggling pain in my right knee coming back on the commute into work, perhaps my body is subconsciously trying to tell me not to go for the festive 500...tonight is the compulsory xmas meal/"we want our presents" swap over with the extended family tonight, joy of joys.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Wifes Birthday !!!!

I didn't forget, 5y/o was nice to her, indian take-away tonight

the only downer to it all is I have to go to work ... but I love the ride in and home again so its not too bad
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Happy Solstice all.

Shortest day today, I know it won't make a huge difference for ages, but it's nice to pass this day.

The older I get, the better I was.

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    A day paint balling with a mate, his sons and mates. My wife told me not to shoot any children :shock: which means I'll be a target all day. A large target.

Later is bike fettling and then off to my wife's works do which will be interesting :twisted:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Happy Solstice all.

Shortest day today, I know it won't make a huge difference for ages, but it's nice to pass this day.
    Agree with all of that.
    Happy humpday folks,
    In the office for a few hours, bunking off at 11.30 to sort a couple of bits out then off to the pub. Spent the last hour chasing around the warehouse for a parcel DPD delivered yesterday, even had the name of the guy that signed for it. Turns out whilst they did deliver 3 parcels mine wasn't one of them and it went back to the depot. Hopefully it will turn up before I leave today. Just broke into the Pandoro I'd bought, lovely.
  • Managed to make it through the day without murderising to death at least one of the software developers the current client have engaged to do stuff. It was a close run thing however.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    A true humpday for the year.

Morning slackers, late get up, tea in bed. Slept like shit last night due to the bar bill i racked up at the club social. The pub did a decent job for us tho (read that as it was no hassle).

Time to walk up and get the car then make some brunch for myself and the Date. Gym later but otherwise do very little beyond walk the hounds

At least everyone here appears to be alive and in good health, You are all alive right?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Alive so far. 2nd (of 4) needle in the eye injections this afternoon, so if all goes silent...
  • Hello world, who the flip requests a site meeting two days before Christmas. Someone who wants to offload their brain into mine for two weeks, that's who!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Taken from another thread:
    Other than that I'm quite normal.
    :shock:
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Taken from another thread:
    Other than that I'm quite normal.
    :shock:

You want to listen to the voices in my head - now they're weird.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    orraloon wrote:
    Alive so far. 2nd (of 4) needle in the eye injections this afternoon, so if all goes silent...

Jesus! Stop saying that! My scrotum shrivels each time I imagine it. :shock:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Up early again, meant to be studying (tube and needle thoracentesis)

Aargh! I Googled that and my scrotum's gone again!
  • Matthewfalle
    keef66 wrote:
    Up early again, meant to be studying (tube and needle thoracentesis)

Aargh! I Googled that and my scrotum's gone again!

Rocks doesn't I? There are sometimes I realize just how cool my job is.

Have a look at IO (intra ossus) placement as well - well good.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon,

Quiet one here secret santa done, lego built now browsing the net for random stuff.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    ...but to be frank, I'm incredibly bored.

No, I would never have believed that. :roll:

Me scraping floors all day me apart from some 'fun' with filler. I was left with the conundrum "Do I do this until i'm bored shitless or do I do the other thing till i'm bored shitless"

Not many silly jobs to do before French doors arrive and I fit them. After that, it's acres of plaster boarding.

I'm alive. Just. Now I need to get on and cook sausages for the toots.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    A friend just called round with a Soltice prezzie, a nice bottle of organic reserve red wine from a friend's vineyard. Is wine supposed to be this strong? it claims to be only 14% . Should I be able to stand a spoon up in it? No more sense outta me today, chin chin!

Happy Soltice BTW :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    keef66 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

I can relate the procedural steps and effects, if that's what turns you on, oo-er missus. :shock: Anyway, this one made me jump.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

I can relate the procedural steps and effects, if that's what turns you on, oo-er missus. :shock: Anyway, this one made me jump.

Been there, got the T shirt. Next time, general anaesthetic. Farq that for a game of anything.
    I hope it works for all that discomfort.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,156
    Longish day includimg taking the team out for Xmas lunch then a late trip down to Homebase to get a tray to stand the bloody Christmas tree pot in so that it can be watered. Someone should have thought of that :roll:

More drink tomorrow evening, my liver hates me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Last day at work today. Got home and spent 45 minutes hoovering up polystyrene balls, then watched a Documentary about Shane Macgowan's teeth. Now enjoying a glass of red. Off to Ireland tomorrow.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Off to Stranraer tomorrow.

FTFY.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I think I may have timed it well. Barbara's not due to blow until later in the morning.
  • veronese68
    Garry H wrote:
    Barbara's not due to blow until later in the morning.
    Is that your other half or have you pulled?
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

It's a cryptic coded message. Top secret. Do one or you'll disappear in the night time and never be seen again.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

It's a cryptic coded message. Top secret. Do one or you'll disappear in the night time and never be seen again.

Henry is setting the table. I repeat, Henry is setting the table.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Henry is setting the table. I repeat, Henry is setting the table.

Q=c28: chips and green tea causes tidal ebb. I repeat, chips and green tea causes tidal ebb. Expect Mayflower.