Help needed with XT I-Spec B - Bar mount available

SCBronsonCC
SCBronsonCC Posts: 42
edited December 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
HI.

I have an XT M8000 1 x 11 shifter which is I-Spec B so would normally be screwed in to the brake levers, however the XT M8000 brakes are not compatible so I need a bar mount for the M8000 shifter.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have seen the KCNC ones but I am unsure on what exactly is needed as I dont even have the bolt. Worst case I will have to buy a new shifter (Ispec II to make it compatible) as I need to be up and running ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Why not just buy another shifter that is Ispec 2 compatible and sell on your incompatible one?
  • That is what I have just done. I was hoping to get a bracket for it as I am not very technical minded so no doubt will have a nightmare trying to fit a shifter and my LBS is fully booked up.

Quick question based on the above, the cables from the shifter going to the rear derailleur are internally routed. The outer casing is fine (almost new) could I just pull the cable through and keep the outer black cable fitted or does the whole lot need to come out?
  • swod1
    Quick question based on the above, the cables from the shifter going to the rear derailleur are internally routed. The outer casing is fine (almost new) could I just pull the cable through and keep the outer black cable fitted or does the whole lot need to come out?

Yes as you would have a job on to re route the cables in to the frame just be careful. undo the cable on rear mech and the screw on the shifter and feed it back up to the shifter so you can then pull the gear cable out.
  • Thanks. So it should be a matter of the following:

Loosen cable at the derailleur and shifter (turn the barrel adjuster I presume?)
    Attach new shifter and feed cable back to the rear mech
    Then take tension out the cable and fine tune the rear mech

Youtube will be getting some use when it comes to setting up the rear derailleur lol
  • swod1
    Thanks. So it should be a matter of the following:

Loosen cable at the derailleur and shifter (turn the barrel adjuster I presume?)
    Attach new shifter and feed cable back to the rear mech
    Then take tension out the cable and fine tune the rear mech

Youtube will be getting some use when it comes to setting up the rear derailleur lol

On the shifter there is a little screw that you undo to feed through the gear cable just do the opposite by as you say loose the cable clamp bolt on the rear mech undo the small screw on shifter and push up the cable from the rear mech.