dropper post for hardtail

scarthie99
scarthie99 Posts: 209
edited December 2016 in MTB buying advice
is any one running dropper post on xc hard tail.my bike is scott scale premier 26 wheel.just need some info :o

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I have had them on hardtails, not quite as XC as that though.

What info do you need?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes people do run them on XC hardtails, I have one for my XC FS although the fixed post goes on for most rides and the heavier dropper only goes on for rides where I think it's relevant.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'm not using one on anything at the moment. Even my regular trail bike. Cheap ones are nasty and expensive ones are expensive and my bunch are always moaning about their Reverbs.
    I prefer to impress people with my skill at avoiding a saddle up my arris on steep stuff.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    get one if you feel the need - they aren't cheap though.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Yes everyone I know with a HT runs droppers and I've run them on all my bikes since 2006/7.
    Depends what your definition of a XC HT is I suppose.
    Droppers are really all much of a muchness I've had:-
    Maverick Speedball
    CB Joplin 3 and 4
    Specialized Command
    Giant Contact Switch
    KSi950R X3
    I've avoided the Reverb as every single person I know who've had them have had nowt but problems!
    My goto post would now be a KS.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I have one of the very expensive Decathlon droppers
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/100mm-dropp ... 23994.html
    £38 in the sale and so far 100% reliable, less play than a Reverb or a KS Lev (based on mates bikes).

I went for a crotch dropper to make it easy to swap to a rigid and back.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.