'ning

office etc., not feeling christmassy yet, too many people i want to bludgeon

yo ho ho
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning,
    In the office and the computer system is down, deep joy. Pleasant enough wobble in to work given how unfit I am at the moment. Bit gloomy though, hopefully the sun will make an appearance.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a walk into Lincoln this morning, pick my new glasses up, a couple of presents to buy.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, office this morning, solicitors then dentist this afternoon. Not wildly excited...
  • LukeTC
    LukeTC Posts: 211
    Morning, found out my debit card got cloned while trying to pay for petrol (thank god for the missus), some oik maxed it out all the way to my overdraft limit, spent half an hour on hold to the bank and passed round multiple departments, fraud department wanted to know what I had for breakfast, who is my Daddy and what does he do etc, thorough but sorted at least. Perfect start to the xmas break!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Been up since 5 due to The Hound waking up early and creating enough noise to wake the dead.

Now kicking heels until Bambini are awake enough to get them clothed to walk same said aforementioned Hound of Satan.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • LukeTC wrote:
    Morning, found out my debit card got cloned

MrsHD had her business account hacked whilst we were skiing in colorado, bank refunded the cash no problem but the £200 phone bill we got from sorting it all out wasn't reimbursed.

Ironically the phone bill was from EE which was the source of the hack.

Anyway, hangover, tea, work, meh, early night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    slade's merry christmas on the pa in the atrium :)

always cheers me up
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Nice commute in to try to clear some of this weekend's ale out of the system
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Its Monday, I have no coffee, that is all.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Winding down at work.

Extra coffee for Christmas has been ordered from hasbean and next day courier chosen to ensure striking postal workers do not disrupt caffeine consumption. New mudguards ordered. Thinking about what to buy my wife who is really hard to buy for and not coming up with anything unique or a step change to previous years.

I may go out for a hot turkey roll for lunch....and as I type this its almost a certainty....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Drove down to Basingstoke from Bristol today.

Made a nice change from Commuting by bike, it was warm, dry and I listened to the radio .... for a few minutes I envied people that sit in a car everyday

Then the guilt set in .... the lack of exercise
    Then the boredom set in .... SCR rules !
    Then the tiredness set in ... warmth and not moving, makes you want to sleep

now I sit here typing this and my legs feel lethargic and fat !
  • Matthewfalle
    Just been to pick up a frame from the powder coasters - he's closed from the 19/12 to 07/01.

Bang goes Christmas time bike building....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    tradesmen closing for christmas, never would've happened in the old days!
  • Matthewfalle
    Lucky bugger is getting more holiday than me .......... b'stard!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning,
    In the office and the computer system is down, deep joy. Pleasant enough wobble in to work given how unfit I am at the moment. Bit gloomy though, hopefully the sun will make an appearance.
    It was only his getting light when I got to work on the bike. Have abandoned it at the office and taking the train home so I can pick up Stropteens Christmas present from PC World :roll:

In football related things, come on you blue scousers :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    sungod wrote:
    tradesmen closing for christmas, never would've happened in the old days!

My old man left a pair of shoes to be repaired. I took the little pink ticket with me and the bloke at the shop said "When did he leave them?" I said "1972". He said "They'll be ready on Thursday".

I got some car insurance for my brother ahead of his visit from NZ. It was a pig to do without his presence and I had just got a brand new bank card. 48 hours later, I got cleaned out. Luckily it was a 'parachute' account that I had used and they took roughly £133.00 before Lloyds rang me concerned that I had tried to use my card and it failed in Halfords in Leeds and at Pizza Hut in Bradford.
    When I phoned the company, they just were not interested despite the fact that I did emphasise that it was the only transaction I had done on the card.
    SAGA - bunch of w@nkers. Lloyds did refund me the money though.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!