Mrchanical doping Big story coming soon.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited December 2016 in Pro race
According to the Hungarian engineer Istvan Varjas there will be a big story very soon as regards mechanical doping. He made the comments during an interview for the French paper Le Monde.He claims a TV documentary currently being made in America to be shown at the beginning of January will have a bigger impact than the Festina affair in 1998. He claims there are witnesses who swear under oath to the use of motors.Dont know if this has been discussed on bikeradar or not but here is the link http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1297/Doping-In ... omst.dhtml
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• " "You can activate it remotely by Bluetooth, by remote control or by a watch," Varjas says. "It can be controlled from the team car and the rider may not even be aware that he has a motor. It could just feel like they're having a very good day. That model is designed for high speeds, for time trials."

Bluetooth: it seems to me that the range distance is too limited for it to be done from the team car.And opportunities, other than during the time trial, would be uncertain.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Has anything Varjas previously claimed been proven yet?
  • " "You can activate it remotely by Bluetooth, by remote control or by a watch," Varjas says. "It can be controlled from the team car and the rider may not even be aware that he has a motor. It could just feel like they're having a very good day. That model is designed for high speeds, for time trials."

Bluetooth: it seems to me that the range distance is too limited for it to be done from the team car.And opportunities, other than during the time trial, would be uncertain.

Article also mentions being automatically triggered by a power meter. The phrase "small gears and high cadence" also appears. I now worry about the denizens of the clinic, "power meter", "small gears and high cadence" can't be good for their conspiracy fuelled high blood pressure. And with the Christmas holiday in sight, my word. The Froome-ometer will blow, and it will just get messy. So I ask politely, cycling journalists everywhere, stop this now. Think of the little baby Jesus, the three wise men, Shepherds with tea towels for head wear etc. Bob Geldof, now is your time (again) to raise awareness of the plight of the Clinic trolls, a half decent charity single could raise a few quid to open online paranoia treatment centres...
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    Why would you use a protocol that is easy for anyone to detect, analyse and interfere with?

And if you have this super duper technology, why would you limit yourself to the professional cycling field? Why not all the other applications that would make you many times more money?
  • The man has all the marks of being nothing more than a publicity-seeking fantasist
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    fake news alert!
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    We are post truth now of course so who cares. You can say froome rode a kangaroo to victory and some people will believe it.

mechanical doping by a pro team I find very unlikely. Mamils on sportives ? Definitely possible.
  • So, the questions I have are, do wiggle sell the motors and will Garmin head units be able to control them any time soon?
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,905
    So, the questions I have are, do wiggle sell the motors and will Garmin head units be able to control them any time soon?

And how long before a bored Russian teenager turns a sportive into a Benny Hill sketch?
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Looking forward to the New Year now. I've got my popcorn at the ready waiting on the mechanical doping news breaking.

My money is on either Lotto Soudal or Team LottoNl-Jumbo being the offending party but really, its all just a lottery. :lol::lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Looking forward to the New Year now. I've got my popcorn at the ready waiting on the mechanical doping news breaking.

My money is on either Lotto Soudal or Team LottoNl-Jumbo being the offending party but really, its all just a lottery. :lol::lol:
    If this is true, and I don't think it is, my money would be on some team in RAAM
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Yep, it's defo a motor in those Bianchis... it's the only way I can beat Rick up a climb :P
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Just follow the padded envelope...
    Half man, Half bike
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,488
    I love that the team car can control it without the rider knowing. Maybe this is what has happened with me on those rare 'float days' on the local DC time trial. One of my mates has been messing about controlling my speed from his iPhone without me knowing!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    dish_dash wrote:
    Yep, it's defo a motor in those Bianchis... it's the only way I can beat Rick up a climb :P

i KNEW IT.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Pross wrote:
    I love that the team car can control it without the rider knowing. Maybe this is what has happened with me on those rare 'float days' on the local DC time trial. One of my mates has been messing about controlling my speed from his iPhone without me knowing!
    Ditto!! Somebody has been remotely applying my brakes.
  • Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Putain!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Putain!
    Those Russians will hack anything.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • If there are any mods left, please could this thread be merged with the other one?

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=13031833
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Supposedly it was on an exclusive contract to one team for a decade. Which clearly rules out Sky.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Joelsim wrote:
    Supposedly it was on an exclusive contract to one team for a decade. Which clearly rules out Sky.

Don't say that in the clinic, they are convinced he used one up Ventoux
  • Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Pross wrote:

It's not your brakes, you fool - you've bought an Italian thread and it's running backwards.