FOX Float X2 - CAD files

AndreD19
AndreD19 Posts: 11
edited December 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi.

Does anyone have (or know where to find) CAD files (step, parasolid, igs...) for the FOX Float X2?

Thanks!

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You won't. I doubt they'd even release that to bike manufacturers. American manufacturers in general rarely release CAD blocks of their products.
    There's enough basic dimensions on the data sheet to show whether it will fit or not.
    You might find something on one of the CAD file share websites but it's unlikely.
    If you have a mate with one, just measure enough to build a simplified model.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You won't. I doubt they'd even release that to bike manufacturers. American manufacturers in general rarely release CAD blocks of their products.
    There's enough basic dimensions on the data sheet to show whether it will fit or not.
    You might find something on one of the CAD file share websites but it's unlikely.
    If you have a mate with one, just measure enough to build a simplified model.
    I would expect them to release a space model to manufacturers, nothing more.

As above, its a simple shape to create (and if you cant create it you wouldn't be able to use it anyway!) and there is plenty of data around if you look for it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    The space model would be extremely simplified. Probably just a lump with a lump on the side and some mounting points.
    A well known car manufacturer is paying a huge amount of money for me and a couple other morons to develop an active engine mount for them and they won't even tell us how many cylinders the engine has. Some manufacturers are ridiculously paranoid about releasing any details about anything to anyone.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Agreed.....

Sheesh that is paranoid, and how do you get the damping right without knowing the input?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    It's an active system so responds to a signal. Having a frequency range to work to would make the system cheaper and better.
    When customers refuse to give data is even more frustrating than when suppliers refuse to give CAD data because you can always buy someone else's product.