Advice on Winter Clothing

urso
urso Posts: 14
edited December 2016 in Commuting general
I've been riding for a few years so have picked up some tips but so much I still don't know. I live in Colorado and want to keep cycling through the winter. Can someone give me some advice on winter gear - body suit, jacket - type material etc.

My budget is $500.00 <- I hope this is reasonable.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    What,s the winter temperature range , do you have dry or wet winters in Colorado?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Is there an american site you can ask on ? I could tell you Aldi and Planet X are good and cheap but I don't think you have them over there ?
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    yeah, you need to find someone that lives in the same vicinity of Colorado as you do and ask them.

The whole of the UK is smaller than Colorado and I am currently wearing shorts to work as its 14deg. but the folks up the other end of the country have snow. .... So I only imagine that Colorado has just a large deviation in weather.
  • Try this group, mainly US based cyclists, very helpful bunch

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7045803 ... 6/?fref=nf
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • urso
    urso Posts: 14
    Thanks All for the replies.
    DavesNotHere <- I'll check the Facebook group you linked.

FYI - Colorado can be bitter cold, with wind chill factors below 0 (I'm looking at riding in weather between -5F and 40F)
    Most days are dry, but it is common to be windy - when it is wet it is very wet, but if it snows or their is ice I don't ride.

Thanks Again.