Denny Solomona

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
edited December 2016 in The cake stop
As a leaguie I have a strong viewpoint on what he has done.

But could he set a precident for other sportsmen to retire from the sport they practice ending their contracts and then pitch up on a rival sport.

So he has gone from League to Union. Jarryd Hayne went from league to American Football.

Could Chris Froome quit Team Sky and rock up and Red Bull Racing? :)

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    As a leaguie I have a strong viewpoint on what he has done.

But could he set a precident for other sportsmen to retire from the sport they practice ending their contracts and then pitch up on a rival sport.

So he has gone from League to Union. Jarryd Hayne went from league to American Football.

Could Chris Froome quit Team Sky and rock up and Red Bull Racing? :)

It's only like you or I fancying a career change.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Loads of union players went over to the dark side, particularly when union was still amateur, don't see what the issue is.
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    I'm gutted that he's gone. Same about Charnley. Rival sport is interesting. I don't think superleague can rival Union in the UK, lost out big time. League Is way to stuck in its ways, pi$$ poor leadership and event management. Union not its only rival to to be concerned about, what about losing players over to NRL? Makes superleague look like a Northern minority' sport....hang on .....

Hayne went NRL, NFL to Rugby 7 s and back to NRL.

I can't imagine Andy Murray going from Tennis, badminton, squash, Tennis.

What's the retired formula 1 champ going to do now?

Anyway, Good luck to the London Broncos, Gloucestershire All Golds and Wales Students for the RL World Cup 2017 in Oz.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Quins wrote:
    I'm gutted that he's gone. Same about Charnley. Rival sport is interesting. I don't think superleague can rival Union in the UK, lost out big time. League Is way to stuck in its ways, pi$$ poor leadership and event management. Union not its only rival to to be concerned about, what about losing players over to NRL? Makes superleague look like a Northern minority' sport....hang on .....

Hayne went NRL, NFL to Rugby 7 s and back to NRL.

I can't imagine Andy Murray going from Tennis, badminton, squash, Tennis.

What's the retired formula 1 champ going to do now?

Anyway, Good luck to the London Broncos, Gloucestershire All Golds and Wales Students for the RL World Cup 2017 in Oz.

Rosberg will retire on his multi, multi, multi million pound fortune and worldwide property/investment portfolio and live a pretty darn cool life doing whatever he wants with his child and wife. Essentially what we would all love to do.

He'll get some punditry work and may move into a management position with another team.

But put it this way - he won't be calling B&Q to see if they have any part time term time only positions going ........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.