quick hello

ben-m
ben-m Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in MTB beginners
not sure if this is the place to introduce myself but here goes,

the names ben from Dublin, Ireland
been into bikes be it bmx/mtb since a little lad but never serious
bought myself a giant trance 4 at the start of the year and absolutely love it!hoping to upgrade in the new year for something with a bit more spec allthough i find the trance 4 perfect for what i needed to be completly hooked!
i was getting myself out for 2-3 hour spins 3-4 evenings a week until one evening in august the bravery took over and made me take a faster/silly line on my local trail,
long story short broke my ankle in 3 places,what started as a 6 week recovery as the doc said ended up being a lot longer but starting to get most of the movement back now and itching to get back out!

enough of the sob story/attention seeking :oops:

is there many irish users on here? also i have family in ellesmere port who i visit every now and then unfortunately :lol: is there any trails or parks close to the port/ or cheshire area?

anyway hope to annoy and have the banter with you all in the future

ben

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    (In 'allo 'allo RAF voice) Hello......

Not much to add but wish you a speedy recovery.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Delamere Forest is not too far from Ellesmere Port. Plus from Cheshire access to the North Wales trails (Llandegla, Marin Trail etc etc) is speedy. And if you happen to come over on the ferry into Holyhead you've obviously got the whole of North Wales to play with.

(I live about 5 miles from Delamere).
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • tomb57
    tomb57 Posts: 2,043
    Hi Ben good forum to join as I have found cant help with the areas but
    Welcome
    Tom b
    Whoops who did that!