INFLITE AL SLX 9.0 PRO RACE Race Bike

AllezAllezAllez
AllezAllezAllez Posts: 207
edited December 2016 in Cyclocross
Hi,

This year I been racing on an Norco A1 Alloy Threshold which comes in it at around 12kg.....a bit of a drag when you need to carry it.

I've been looking around for a new bike next year and can keep coming back to the Canyon Inflite. It seems to be a good option for racing. Lower weight, good components and a good wheelset.

Are there any other brands models I should consider?

For a similar spec brands such as Trek/Specialized are more expensive. I looked at building up a Kinesis bike but a complete build comes in similar to a Trek etc.

I know about Planet X and have thought about just spending circa £1000 on an XLS with basic wheels. I might then upgrade the wheels.

Comments

• joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Have you considered the boardman CXR? That's most likely going to be my choice when I upgrade in the summer.
  • I like the look of the Boardman CXR 9.4.

A nice looking bike, good spec, weight and easier on the pocket than the Canyon.

At the last round of the Yorkshire Cross Series I think one of the Riders I was chatting to had this bike. It looked good.

I wonder if Boardman usually have a Jan or end of season Sale.

I'm 183cm tall so in the middle of Medium/Large split. At the moment my Norco is 57cm and is fine, but I think I would opt for the 56cm, rather than going up to the large.
  • Shouldn't be 12kg. Should be more like 10 in a large!

If you want an XLS, which IS a good bike, then, if you're handy with a spanner, the £799 hydro build it yourself option is a good one leaving you a good budget for good wheels.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • The canyon looks good, just choose anything with HYDRAULIC disk brakes NOT containing the crap st-rs505 hydraulic 105 -ish shifters. only get a bike with either sram 1x or shimano with st-rs 685 or better (inflite models AL 9.0 OR AL 9.0 S OR 8.0 SLX PRO RACE.