• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Doctors appointment cycling, rest
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    SG: Are you still feeling mean?
    HD: Running?
    Moaning folks,
    In the office again today. I decided I can't hack a five day week just yet so I'm off Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. Girl's birthday Wednesday so we're taking her out. Managed to wobble in today, bit chilly, but not too bad. time to see what fun my customers bring me today.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    only with bloody hr who seem to be on a mission to create as many problems and errors as possible then expect the rest of us to clean up the splatter as that's their process, quis custodiet ipsos custodes etc., nail 'em up i say
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Office interspersed with dog walking, yawn
  • sungod wrote:
    'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, these short gloomycold days are meh

fortunately, as the title says

igasmpc.jpg

need to go somewhere sunny with it
    That a new one, or your signature machine? How tall are you fercrissakes???
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    it's the shiny bike of my signature

quite tall, and it's a long way down if i fall off!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    That bike looks normal sized to me, very shiny too. I could ride that, I rather like it. Wouldn't stay that shiny for long though.
    That cat looks severely malnourished though.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    HD: Running?

Yes, as a wise old man once said
    Critical mass' is just Pinnorology*. What I am referring to is the point when you consume less energy than you burn.
    *Patent pending.

At the moment I'm struggling to get much more than one ride in per week and that isn't a particularly long one (48km on Sunday) so thought something needs to be done.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    sungod wrote:
    igasmpc.jpg

Lovely bike but the saddle looks quite uncomfortable
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Ladies bike - hence the pussy on the saddle.
  • A bit of organisation today, making apple sauce and rolling pigs in blankets.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    A to B.

We take it as a given. The reality is that there aren't any letters between A and B and it assumes a linear trajectory. This is the inherent flaw in 'A to B'. The other flaw is that you sort of reached B in a less than satisfactory fashion so therefore you didn't go 'A to B' you went from A to... Well, add any number of 4 Scandinavian variants of A.

Sometimes you know what result you want to achieve but getting there (B) takes far longer and causes more trouble than you expected. Sometimes B isn't acheivable because you're having A F*CKING SH!T DAY and for no other reason.

The minute I walked into Jewson's, I knew it was going to be a sh1t day. It was busy and I didn't get the usual cheery, chatty selection. I got Mr Condescension. I reeled off my list of timber requirements and he looked at me with a nodding head as he said "The pressure treated is a a bit rough you know". I thought I might pressure treat his head with a bit of 6 x 2. Which is actually 5.75" x 1.75" 'cos it's 'dressed'. That means I have paid for 1/4" x 1/4" over 20 feet that doesn't exist.

Meh. To top it off, I have been a snot factory all day and it has a sickly sweet taste to it.

Oh BTW, that bike is sh!t SG and running is pants.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Evenin All,

Bit of a long day but over now, made better hy a bit of plonk. Always interesting to see these retro bikes that look like they've been made out drinking straws :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Pinno wrote:

I thought I might pressure treat his head with a bit of 6 x 2. Which is actually 5.75" x 1.75" 'cos it's 'dressed'. That means I have paid for 1/4" x 1/4" over 20 feet that doesn't exist.

You are confusing integers - a subset of real numbers - with the set of real numbers per se. Taking one dimension (and leaving out the unit vector) 6 as an integer can - in the real number line - be anything more than 5.5 and less than 6.5 according to the British Standard for numbers. So its reduced dimension of 5.75 - noting this is described to two decimal points can be between 5.745 and 5.755 - again excluding the end points - curved brackets rather than square brackets - (5.745,5.755) and not [5.745,5.755]. I alert you to an additional danger though which is in the use of a point for decimal separation this is restricted to some places like the UK and Uranus. In Europe, commas are used as the separator.

I was also interested in your use of the term ' 'cos'' if you had used the homophone 'cause' then it would have added a layer of additional meaning to your devastating theory.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    FishFish wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I...exist.

You...separator.

I was also interested in your use of the term ' 'cos'' if you had used the homophone 'cause' then it would have added a layer of additional meaning to your devastating theory.

I'll bear that in mind FF. The devastating theory is WIP. I hope to use it to great effect and screw up every guided missile system on the planet and programme them as 'Return to sender' weapons.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!