Christmas Drinks?

Comments

• Veronese68 wrote:
    Bloody hell, nearly forgot.
    Are we doing this tomorrow?

Let's
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'll be there, I have an early curfew, as the missus is out, but I'll be there for a drink or two.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    I'll be there, I have an early curfew, as the missus is out, but I'll be there for a drink or two.

what sort of time are folks likely to arrive? (ish)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

what sort of time are folks likely to arrive? (ish)

I'll leave the City at 5 ish. Maybe 5.45? Certainly before 6. I'll have to be away by 7.30 latest..
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Christ whatever happened to the meet at lunchtime and leave at closing?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hopkinb
    itboffin wrote:
    Old age? Globalisation? Liver disease?
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Have a work lunch/afternoon shindig today, but hopefully will slide out fairly early so I'll drop in on the way home if I can (still stand up)
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • itboffin
    hopkinb wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Old age? Globalisation? Liver disease?

The liver is weak and must be punished :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    I;m struck down with the horrid lurgy. I won't inflict it on you.
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html
  • itboffin
    It's my works Christmas do tonight not going to that either, have fun kids don't do anything I wouldn't/haven't done already
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Quiet and very civilised few pints were had, enjoyed that. It was so warm we stayed outside.
  • hopkinb
    Indeed. Though I was just starting to feel the chill as I left, what with just wearing shorts. Soon warmed back up though.
  • Very civilised, passed a guy having a puncture in almost the same place on way back! Lent him my levers, 20psi in the rear did make for some intresting handling, bike is much better with 40psi!
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Quiet and very civilised few pints were had, enjoyed that. It was so warm we stayed outside.
    Who was there? sorry I couldn't be there, you'd have been the ones sorry if I had been!
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html
  • veronese68
    rower63 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Who was there? sorry I couldn't be there, you'd have been the ones sorry if I had been!
    It was only Roger, Ben and myself so very quiet. No idea if a roaring Vimfuego turned up later, I suspect not if he was on PT. We should do it again when it's warmer and lighter.
  • itboffin
    What like the summer drinks?

crazy man!
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:

crazy man!
    I know, radical.
  • vimfuego
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rower63 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It was only Roger, Ben and myself so very quiet. No idea if a roaring Vimfuego turned up later, I suspect not if he was on PT. We should do it again when it's warmer and lighter.

Nah, by the time a couple of us had escaped the official office do, I was "persuaded" to partake in a couple in the Bavarian Beerhouse by Fenchurch St. Fine time had by all concerned , but meant I was never going to make it down to Richmond at a reasonable hour. Sorry I missed it, but hopefully there'll be a follow up at some point.
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rower63 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Sorry I couldn't join you, was otherwise engaged
  • veronese68
    itboffin wrote:

crazy man!
    Summer? Drinks?
    A couple of us are going to be rehydrating in the Roebuck on Thursday if anybody fancies a pint. Probably from a little after 6.
  • itboffin
    I would as i have the time now but I'd never manage the train journeys, I'm just getting to grips with sleeping in 3 hour stints
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Have fun guys! Oddly I'm not far away in Richmond Green but some thing else.

I may pass on way back so if your still there I'll say hi.
  • veronese68

Ah, we were saying it would be good if you made it. Left about 9ish and wobbled home gingerly after one more than was sensible.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:

Ah, we were saying it would be good if you made it. Left about 9ish and wobbled home gingerly after one more than was sensible.

I left about same time, I suspected that most would of left at that point! Had a nice pootle home by the river, amazing amounts of bugs in the air!
  • Appears to be time to tell tall stories and show of scars again, any takers?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Appears to be time to tell tall stories and show of scars again, any takers?

We're all coming cause it's your shout at the bar and I'll have a bag of pork scratchings too, please.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • veronese68
    I was just thinking it's about that time of year.
  • vimfuego
    well why not
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • hopkinb
    Yep.