friday, winter is coming

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, office, stuff

nippy weather has gone away for a while, going to be in the teens today, hurrah!
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Rain, should clear, might take the hound for a wander to get away from the office. Managed to avoid being here all week but needs must...

Also, new business cards due to our merger with London investment firm mega corp...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZVkW9p-cCU
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    quite warm up north. Second coffee so far, averted 2 fuck ups, now time me to fuck up a few times.

Cleaner is vacuuming with aggression, not sure what to say to her about the matter, ask her to stop? inquire about her wrath? tell her to stop abusing the vacuum?

Bought a tree yesterday, called up the farm I normally use gave a rough size, think I got it wrong, thing is fucking huge. is it permissible to cut all the branches off one side of the tree so it fits neatly into a corner?

Poker tonight and lycra clad cycling all weekend. No crudding.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I've been given a bottle of wine by the owner of an estate we sold this year (they are winding down the fund due to the death of the former owner) for all my hard work. Vivino tells me it has an average price of £81.74, I think they may have over estimated me...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Commuting in shorts was a good idea until I realised how much shoot was on the lanes.

Later is family pub night and prep for tomorrow's beer and bikes - i.e., get my cycling gear sorted
  • sungod
    HaydenM wrote:
    I've been given a bottle of wine by the owner of an estate we sold this year (they are winding down the fund due to the death of the former owner) for all my hard work. Vivino tells me it has an average price of £81.74, I think they may have over estimated me...

remember booking us into a private club for a team dinner a few years back, a couple of customer contacts were there too

vp at the time commented on how nice the wine was, we were several few bottles in by then, and i mentioned was a special offer with 75% discount, he was most impressed at the value

at least he was until he asked for the wine list to have a read, then noticed the starting price was over 300, he almost lost it but had to restrain himself as the punters were present, subsequent bottles were about 20, tight git

later in the bar he also took exception to a colleague who'd ordered an aged rum for 25 quid, by this time were almost wetting ourselves laughing

next posh outing we didn't invite him, that way he didn't need to worry about the prices
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    @Flan: The tree gets narrower towards the top, no? Then cut it off at the right point.

Sounds all a bit American Psycho Business card like and high flying but Sungod forgot to mention the prices were in old Lire.

Today, i'll be mowstly running around sourcing material and using a tape measure whilst scratching my head.
    10 coffees wouldn't be enough. I'm feel pretty mangled. Heavy day yesterday and Toots 2 decided to get up at 4.26m and complain about her runny nose. Thanks Shortie.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Got wifeys side of the family coming over this afternoon to exchange presents before some of them go away for Christmas, that means I may well have a sore head tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Sounds all a bit American Psycho Business card like and high flying but Sungod forgot to mention the prices were in old Lire.

nah, guineas :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Back in the office again today. It's cake Fryday so cakes and dead pig are in order. Out for a few beers again last night, it was very warm and we wound up sitting outside the pub. Still very warm riding in this morning, is it really December? Dark enough though. Boy sent me a text to say his cold had got worse could he stay at home, so I replied to say he could and that of course if he was too ill to go to school he was too ill to go to the party tonight. I suspect he may have recovered very quickly and gone in. Roll on the weekend...
  • Thank Lucifer It's Friday. Three *consecutive* days back at work and I'm shagged. Mind you, new client apparently thinks I am Awesome, because I've solved their business process clusterf*** and turned it into an elegant and seamless solution, in less time than they'd budgeted and without upsetting any of the "key stakeholders". You can put those pointy sticks away again fellas, save them for your next IT Consultant Lynching Party.

Drinkies earned methinks.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • One of a million choices...

135a20.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    One of a million choices...

i had this in mind...
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/08 ... trademark/
  • I R IT Guru...

HP fancypantsprinter/scanner starts putting coloured lines on scans where no coloured line should go.

Turn off and on again I say.

HP fancypantsprinter/scanner carries on putting coloured lines on scans where no coloured line should go.

Unplug, count ot sixty says HP troubleshoot.

Unplug I do.

HP fancypantsprinter/scanner behaves itself.

5. Profit!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    TLW1 wrote:
    Commuting in shorts was a good idea until I realised how much shoot was on the lanes.

Later is family pub night and prep for tomorrow's beer and bikes - i.e., get my cycling gear sorted
    Taking my mudguards off as its not forecast to rain seemed like a good idea until I had to ride through a flood from a burst water main in Forest Hill this morning.

@ Flan - no problem as long as you don't need to rotate the tree after you've made the back end of it a 90 deg angle. Then it just looks silly.

Work, work and more work. Doesn't feel like Friday yet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Very snoozy having eaten too much. Just got offered a cake and had to say no. :shock:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Very snoozy having eaten too much. Just got offered a cake and had to say no. :shock:

I'm worried
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm worried

Where is the real V68? still at the cafe?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Friday, no work. Wife's invited some neighbors around tonight. Might go off to the pub for a change.
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm worried
    So am I. Plans for a quiet night have gone out the window, going to the Sussex in Twickenham. Great little pub, 18 different real ales on tap. Music either live or on vinyl. That's the 4th night on the trot, it must be December.
    Had one of your branches from Welsh Wales on the phone the other day. I tried to stitch him up but he noticed.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon
    Veronese68 wrote:

Snap, came in looking to be all healthy as its a chirstmas do tonight so huge curryfest basically, nope before ten id wolfed down samosas, sausage rolls and all manner of crap. Dirty lunch as well I think I must of been a Labrador in a past life.

As mentioned Christmas party later only doing the meal then back as im not in the mood for loosing a weekend to a hangover.

Also someone mentioned shorts, I heard a rumour it could be warm as 18c on Christmas day, does one BBQ ones turkey is this is the case?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    'Sorts' ! Shuddup. Cold air moving in this weekend.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!