***(Revised) - Visual Awareness of Cyclists***

JamesVaughan007
JamesVaughan007 Posts: 16
edited December 2016 in Road general
Hello Biking World & Bike Radar,

I am a high school student who is working on an engineering project to fix the problem of visual awareness and safety of bikers. I compiled a list of questions that are related to the issue in order to give me a statistical analysis of how to solve my problem. I understand that my precious posting frenzy might've been annoying to the users of this webiste, and I promise it will not happen again. The link to the survey is below. Thank You for your time.

https://docs.google.com/a/k12.friscoisd ... w/viewform

Sincerely,

James

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    edited ... relax
  • I apologize. It's not my intention to make the users of this site angry. I'm just looking for some input and answers for my school project.
  • At what times do you feel unsafe (because of how visible you are) while riding? (check all that apply)

There's no option for never ie I make myself visible, flashing lights etc.
  • That question is asking at what times do you feel the need to make yourself more visible.
  • Is now a good time to mention that the only two separate occasions that I've been close passed - both were police vehicles, both headed out of their area and both with an immediate destination of the local pie shop? (Where I caught up with both of them, and managed to be in the queue before them - so they didn't safe that much time eh?)

Obviously you would hope that police drivers were above average standard...
  • No it isn't, it is asking at what times you feel unsafe. Feeling unsafe and feeling the need to make yourself more visible are not the same.

The time is also irrelevant. I was out at 10.30 am today with flashing lights on as it was slighty misty. On another day it could be clear and sunny.
  • James I've done the questionnaire. Good luck with it - I hope people are filling it in.