edited December 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

one tartare down, one to go

brekkie, then to globalmegacorp's paris tentacle for a chat with my peeps
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    I'm tired and its Wednesday already. Would have been a good day to be on the bike as its almost tropical down here compared to a few days ago. I would have a nap but the train nearly at Victoria already.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, oddly warm today with the boiler still in winter mode here its rather warm in the office too.

Sensible brekkie today for a change set me up for a day of random acts of stupidity and when they get up a long conversation with some moron in Merica about why he cant use the hotel WiFi to access sensitive customer data.
    Evening shall be boozy, mince for the mince pies has sufficiently been bathed in various alcohol so me and the better half shall be making them trying not to get too drunk on the fumes or "tasters"
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

WFH to get my expenses done then I shall be out in the rain all day looking at trees, I'm currently putting it off. It looks like it's barely going to get light today, bloody Scotland. Also, I had a really brutal and incredibly vivid dream about the GF dying in a paragliding accident last night, now I don't believe in all that dream meaning rubbish but...
  • Phone call last night at 9pm to say one of our teams wasn't going to site - cue a mad scramble this morning.

Got up at 6.30 to get some jobs done before work, found the cat in it's cage as it should be but missing the splint for its broken leg.

Microwaved my porridge, forgot about it for ten mnutes so have just worked mt way through a warm oat slab.

Call from another team, bits missing from site.

And we're trying to cut down on the alcohol!!!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Went to work.

Don't laugh, that's the first paid job in almost 6 months. They want me back tomorrow too, and possibly for several days after that. Not sure I can stand it! However, given the somewhat parlous state of my financial affairs, I'd better make the most of it...

Was forced (forced!) to stop and drink several wines over Thai food dinner on the way home.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    HaydenM wrote:
    ...Also, I had a really brutal and incredibly vivid dream about the GF dying in a paragliding accident last night, now I don't believe in all that dream meaning rubbish but...

Does she paraglide? It's all this dark and gloom making you feel similar. Pitch black here at 8am.

Look, chin up mate - only 14 days to the winter solstice and then it gets lighter a little bit every day for 6 months.

Me not wfh today me. Just catching up on washing, chores and rest. PPP going good.
    Anyone had any experience of wood veneers?

Must do some Christmas shopping. Girls are sorted but the tricky bit is choosing something for OH...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    ...Also, I had a really brutal and incredibly vivid dream about the GF dying in a paragliding accident last night, now I don't believe in all that dream meaning rubbish but...

Does she paraglide?

She doesn't currently but at least now I know what to get her for Christmas
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Does she paraglide?

There's no need for that! We could do a swap if you like.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Does she paraglide?

There's no need for that! We could do a swap if you like.

While I'm sure I would be getting a great deal out of this, I would be extremely surprised if Mrs P would be able to put up with my sh1t in such a patient manner.

I think I'm in it for the long haul now anyway as we are buying a house together
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning folks. Somebody pooped the bed I think.
    :shock: What the hell were you doing in my bedroom?
    Beer and curry last night, a good time was had. Suffering slightly this morning for some reason. Beer tonight should sort that. Been unreasonably busy this morning. Need to pop out at lunchtime to show a friend of mine how to put a TR4A back together as he's forgotten where bits go. Trouble is I probably can't remember either.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    2 two TWO fucking hours on the rer this morning, 5-6 deep at châtelet-les halles, definitely perturbé

also another day of free travel due to air pollution

had second tartare so mission accomplished, did a bit of crimbo shopping, currently stuffing my face with the mini madeleines in the eurostar lounge
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    oh ffs, gare du nord at a standstill due to power failure, you'd think they'd mention that before people check-in and get trapped

on the other hand, free bar in lounge...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Early start for meetings was compensated by early finish which I took as I thought the chap I was giving a lift to could help move the cast iron bath.

Thankfully the wife got local help and sorted it, so I took him to the pub