Tacx Flow T2240 vs Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+

kamza
kamza Posts: 2
Hi all, newbie here.

Took up road cycling back in April this year and now looking to get an indoor smart trainer to keep me going over the winter months. The idea of Zwift appeals to me so with my budget in mind I've narrowed my choice down to the Tacx Flow T2240 and and Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+.

Any suggestions/advice most welcome.

Comments

• myideal
    myideal Posts: 231
    Well personally I can only talk about the Tacx Flow T2240. I am like you in being new to turbo and have to say its a good piece of kit. It does work well on bluetooth and is nice and easy to set up. Its also not a bad price and even better if you can get it with a cash back deal via a cash back website. I know I have saved myself £18 doing it this way, however that was black Friday weekend.
  • I have the Tacx Flow Smart and use it with Trainer road. I find I have to change gear when on intervals as it needs a high gear to achieve higher power and low gears for the low power recovery periods, it can't do both with one gear. I tend to swap gears using the front chain ring. I wouldn't call myself a powerful rider either.

You may be ok however using it with Zwift?
  • Myhooose wrote:
    I have the Tacx Flow Smart and use it with Trainer road. I find I have to change gear when on intervals as it needs a high gear to achieve higher power and low gears for the low power recovery periods, it can't do both with one gear. I tend to swap gears using the front chain ring. I wouldn't call myself a powerful rider either.

You may be ok however using it with Zwift?

When just riding a course on Zwift it isn't really an issue but when doing a workout its the same situation of having to change gears to achieve the power output.

So far I wouldn't consider it to be a major issue but you do have to be more alert to the interval countdown.
  • Mechanism wrote:

When just riding a course on Zwift it isn't really an issue but when doing a workout its the same situation of having to change gears to achieve the power output.

So far I wouldn't consider it to be a major issue but you do have to be more alert to the interval countdown.

Agreed, I find it easier to change up gear and get my cadences up to speed about 5-10 seconds before each interval starts.