buying a mtb

Ade1234
Ade1234 Posts: 8
edited December 2016 in MTB buying advice
my mtb has recently been stolen so am after a new one.
my budget is up to $2500 max, and i am mostly looking at expensive 2nd hand bikes...
need some opinions and suggestions

so far i am looking at
Commencal Meta SX-- 2nd hand but no v little about the bike
LAPIERRE 527 - super nice, abit out of budget ,
and some specialized enduro's...............

there is a large amount of downhill, mtb tracks where i live, (not much to x country stuff), and i am looking for a good downhill bike, but also ride up the tracks where the elevation gains over 2-3km can get over 400m....so need versatile bike

any suggestions appreciated, (live in se qld, aus)

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    That is about £1500. Maybe a better place to start by describing what you want to do on the bike rather than describe the bike. Examples could be - long easy all day off road. Downhill racing - you have hinted at it but lay it out.

Buying second hand is a good idea. Hope you catch the guy who stole it and give him a good kicking to show him that buying second hand may be a better idea than stealing a bike.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • basically am a hobby cyclist, would mtb as a decent leg w/o, maybe once a week ( fast down, hill reps up) then hit the tracks and race my mates on the weekend.... that help? --- would help compliment my road riding
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What variety of dollars? US? Canadian? Australian? Zimbabwe? Nigerian?
    This is a UK website. What's good value here might not be in your country. Nukeproof for example are great value here but expensive in the US.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123

"any suggestions appreciated, (live in se qld, aus)"

So that would be Australian dollars last time I looked...
  • Yeah Australia.... just something around 1500GBP 2nd hand... but yeah UK maybe different .. or if you have opinions on the bikes I put up
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    This is a UK website. What's good value here might not be in your country. Nukeproof for example are great value here but expensive in the US.

The currency in Nigeria is Naira and not dollars :D Notably all of these are British Colonies.

I take it you are not the head of the International Monetary Fund.

...like I ought to have been.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: